Author Topic: Choose Carefully There are Several Different Versions Out There  (Read 1443 times)

Oldscoot

• View Profile
While I eagerly await the delivery of my new 500r ABS I've bought a few things I know I will need.  What I found out is that there are several versions of the Xciting 500r out there.  The one they sell in Europe has had the dual headlights since around 2007 - so an after market windshield for a European 500r will not fit a 2007 500r sold in the U.S.  You have to buy the 2006 version.  When getting a mount for a Givi Monokey top case you have to buy the older version - the RS89 - instead of the version for newer bikes.  Why Kymco couldn't have simply labeled the bikes a little differently like BMW did when they first started importing (e.g. R69US) is beyond me. With the advent of global buying it might make more sense. But then - life is an adventure.           

htcneil2

• View Profile
Re: Choose Carefully There are Several Different Versions Out There
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 05:52:45 PM »
George!!!

What are you doing???? You fixing to buy a 500ri???

Oh me oh my, what you doing that for??? I thought you had an affinity for the TMAX? Thats of course if you are shipping the new Dual headlight xciting, then you would be original. However, everything else is pretty much the same.

You know i have both, we should talk.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:56:57 PM by htcneil2 »

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:04:56 PM »
George!!!

What are you doing???? You fixing to buy a 500ri???

Oh me oh my, what you doing that for??? I thought you had an affinity for the TMAX? Thats of course if you are shipping the new Dual headlight xciting, then you would be original. However, everything else is pretty much the same.

You know i have both, we should talk.

Neil my boy.  As a fellow member of the "Sons of Belial" you know you're not supposed to reveal my true identity.  That being said I like to buy what is available and I like what the Kymco 500 offers.  For starts - Yamaha is not bringing the T-Max back for the foresseable future.  I don't tear around the track like you and the Kymco 500 is a time-tested, well thought out, handsome, street cruiser. I don't need what the extra couple of grand will buy in the T-Max.  Also - I've noted that on longer club rides you more often than not show up your Kynco.  We'll talk tomorrow at the Battalion ride in the afternoon.

htcneil2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 11:57:55 PM »
Will do. It does have a stereo attached, quieter at highway speeds, but handling and acceleration,  is definotely cruiser like.

You take one for a test ride yet? U can try mine tomorrow if i make it. I got an inside acoop on the bike. I have put almost 40,000 on it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()