Author Topic: Wireing  (Read 5936 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Wireing
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 03:03:44 AM »
..well, i experienced the same thing back in th day...

..the bushing slipped out once...had starter issues a lil while before i figured it out...

..when i ran without my gasket, my clutch bell nut zinged the cover, and i spaced it out..

..then somebody suggested that i rtv the gasket to the cover and i said, well, duh.......

..why not...lol...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 03:14:43 AM »
Is a good idea. If I remember correctly my people has a rubber gasket sort of wedged in a grove on the cover. It's nice. The Z has a paper type that is broken in a 1 or 2 inch section and wants to fall off and break more every time I'm in there  >:(. I run it anyway  :D. I've noticed quite a few small things that are a little better quality with my People VS the ZX... I do love the ride on the Z though. So comfortable. Just needs a BBK  ;D
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 03:19:25 AM »
You would think it would sound different though. Does it sound different blue? Slower or bogging down. Or even grinding.
when I frist turn the scoot over it sounds ok but yet not strong enough to turn the scoot over and it dies down and gets quite.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 03:25:42 AM »
..ppl gasket fits waay better than a50s....

..how long does it sound "good"...

..like pete said...          Duty cycle

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 07:05:17 AM »
when I frist turn the scoot over it sounds ok but yet not strong enough to turn the scoot over and it dies down and gets quite.

It could be a bad armature or starter brushes. For all the effort I'd just replace it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »
It could be a bad armature or starter brushes. For all the effort I'd just replace it.
\

I tryed a dif starter and it did the same thing. my mind is going. ponkers....................

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »
well could be you have two bad starters lol.
 if it works ok on the bench id say its in the wireing.try tracing it all back. i know its a pain . un less if your over sized fuse from the bat has had something to do with it.blown a relay or somthing. not much help i know sorry

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »
well could be you have two bad starters lol.
 if it works ok on the bench id say its in the wireing.try tracing it all back. i know its a pain . un less if your over sized fuse from the bat has had something to do with it.blown a relay or somthing. not much help i know sorry
no both startes are good I have put theam in my other scoot and they work fine. just dont work in the kymco. and the fuses are the right ones. So to trace this back to the relay switch.does the relay switch need to be working for the kick start to work right. because I dont under satand why the kick start works and not the elec.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
No Blue the relay has nothing to do with the kick start. The kick start is a mechanical starting system, the elec start is an electrical starting system. They are not connected in any way, well apart from they both crank the engine over, but they are totally seperate systems and should have no influence on each other.

It has to be a problem in your electrics, either in the wiring, the relay, the startet button, or the starter itself. All the relay is is a heavy duty switch that can take a larger current than the small button on the handlebars, you press the button on the bars and that activates the relay coil which pulls in the contacts to make the circuit for the starter ( or at least thats how any relays i worked with work).

You seem to have ruled out the starter itself being faulty since you said it works on another scoot, so it must be wiring, relay or elec start switch imo.

Can you borrow a relay from anyone else to try? Did you replace the wire that was burning up? Where did that wire come from and go to?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 02:11:54 PM »
..or the bendix is binding...he's not using the cvt cover gasket..

..that makes a world of difference...did on my a50 anyway...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 04:29:43 PM »
..or the bendix is binding...he's not using the cvt cover gasket..

..that makes a world of difference...did on my a50 anyway...

Yeah that too. Forgot he had no gasket. Could space it out with cork l rubber or even couple of washers on the corners of the cover to space it and see how that works?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »
Could space it out with cork l rubber or even couple of washers on the corners of the cover to space it and see how that works?

..yup..that's what i did for a while...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
Could space it out with cork l rubber or even couple of washers on the corners of the cover to space it and see how that works?

..yup..that's what i did for a while...

Redneck  :P
Chaos is my co-pilot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »
..yeah baby!!!

..gotta make it work!!!

..then i did glue the gasket to the cover...

..that worked, and looked MUCH better...lol..

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »
wana see some red neck sh__ watch me hook up a pull start to it. I have one that just might work.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()