Author Topic: When switching to hi beam, my headlights turn off for a second.  (Read 1110 times)

wil55n

• View Profile
When I switch from low beam to high beam (and vice versa) the headlights actually switch off as the lights switch beams. This leaves me in the dark for a few moments. It also means that when I flash people quickly, my lights are just turning on and off rather than going low to high quickly. Note that I have an RS 125 (Australian model). Does anyone else have this issue?

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: When switching to hi beam, my headlights turn off for a second.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:37:30 AM »
That's normal (and most people who flip the switch fast enough will never notice it).
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

wil55n

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »
Ah I see, great thanks for clarifying that up.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 10:16:05 AM »
Ah I see, great thanks for clarifying that up.

No problem.

I don't remember if my Agility killed both lights if I was only flashing the high beam, though,
but I had the flashing option, some Agiltys didn't. But I remember that switching from low
to high (flipping the switch up) did disconnect both at first.

The flash button (pressing down on the low beam section of the button) did engage both
lights, but considering it's a single bulb, that's not healthy if you're worried how long it will last.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()