Author Topic: Florida DT300i riders - I need a favor..  (Read 4616 times)

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
Florida DT300i riders - I need a favor..
« on: August 21, 2012, 12:04:50 PM »
I am getting ready to start the various "write-ups" on how I did some of the mods to my Downtown, starting first with the lighting as that seems to have the most interest.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of the stock lighting before getting started so can't do any before/after photo comparisons.

I am looking for a Florida DT300i rider to meet with so we can do a side-by-side photo shoot comparing the stock lighting to the HID headlights, LED brake/turn signals, etc.

From reading the forums I believe Goodrich, Streetdown, and Whisper are in FL but not sure of the location.  I'd be happy to travel a considerable distance if needed.

If you might be able to assist with this project please chime in with your general location in Florida, thanks.

Brent
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:13:53 PM by bdrannik »
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

Goodrich

• View Profile
Re: Florida DT300i riders - I need a favor..
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:25:47 AM »
I live in east Orlando

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »
I live in east Orlando

Sounds good - the Downtown can make it that far.  :)   I will be out of town until next Thursday or Friday so let's see if anybody closer to the west coast (Tampa to Fort Myers) jumps in before then.

The lighting on your Downtown is still stock, correct?
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

Goodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »
Yes.  However, I will need to give it a badly needed bath.  I am neglectful in that department.   :-\

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »
Yes.  However, I will need to give it a badly needed bath.  I am neglectful in that department.   :-\

Unfortunately I have scooter cleaning OCD.. (SCOCD?)   I'll not only polish and wax the top of the fenders but also the bottom that faces the tire.   :)

jwalz1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »
So Brent, you left the floods in Duluth for the Hurricanes of Florida?

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »
So Brent, you left the floods in Duluth for the Hurricanes of Florida?

Yes, sure did.  I see you've learned to harness the power of the Google, my Jedi friend..     :)

Still get back occassionally as I have some family spread around the great white north.  Next time I'm in the twin cities area we'll have to get a ride in sometime..
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:48:15 PM by bdrannik »

jwalz1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »
Oh, no google usage, you emailed me a while back that you were from Duluth, just did not know if you were going to be deluged by Isaac.

Looking forward to your write up so this electrical hack will have guidance for my winter project.  I think I am just going to activate the dummy bulbs to be running lights and leave it at that, no wig wag.

If you are around the cities and want a ride look me up, but be prepared to be unimpressed with my riding skill level. 

Be well, stay out of the rain.

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 12:31:11 AM »
Oh, no google usage, you emailed me a while back that you were from Duluth, just did not know if you were going to be deluged by Isaac.

Looking forward to your write up so this electrical hack will have guidance for my winter project.  I think I am just going to activate the dummy bulbs to be running lights and leave it at that, no wig wag.

Forgot about the PM's - didn't think I had mentioned Duluth in a thread on here..  Fortunately Isaac headed west as I was worried I'd come back to find the Downtown under water.

Hopefully I'll have time to get to the write-ups soon.  The camera with most of the photos taken while the scooter was apart is now back from Thailand so I have most of the pics needed for the lighting write-up except for the before/after.  When I get back next week I'll be firing up the Downtown for a possible road trip to Atlanta and maybe North Carolina if the weather is decent - wonder if I could dictate the write-up to my phone while riding via the Sena bluetooth headset?  :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:32:47 AM by bdrannik »

jwalz1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »
I think someone on this board posted a writeup about a long road trip and shredded a belt during the ride.  You might want to travel with a spare.

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 04:29:37 PM »
I think someone on this board posted a writeup about a long road trip and shredded a belt during the ride.  You might want to travel with a spare.

If I remember correctly that was Racewalker on his trip up in Canada.  I'll be stopping in at KymcoUSA so maybe can pick up a spare from them..

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 11:39:34 AM »
Yes it was I. I would carry a set of tools to change the belt also I have added a 3 jaw puller to my set to get the cords out from under the back pulley. Also in your case AAA. I did use my CAA to get to a safe place to replace the belt. I still think it was a defective belt tho. I carry a spare all the time now.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 06:06:16 PM »
I live in east Orlando

Hey Goodrich I didn't forget about you...  Had to head out of town again for work so couldn't meet up with you for some photos this time home.

Goodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 12:07:17 AM »
PM sent

unclelar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 02:43:41 AM »
I will have my DST300I in Zephyrhills in the end of Oct for the winter
unclelar

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()