Author Topic: Grand Vista 250 Engine Vents  (Read 1509 times)

pferrell

• View Profile
Grand Vista 250 Engine Vents
« on: June 04, 2009, 02:05:59 AM »
On our first hot day, I noticed a great deal of heat coming out of the engine vents on my KYMCO Grand Vista 250. It comes out onto my knees (yep, I'm pretty short--probably hits most of you on your shins). It is really uncomfortable. You'd think the wind would jettison it away, but it is super warmed air. Also noticed that the fan comes on. Guess it's supposed to do that. Never had it happen on my other scooter, and I notice that other scooters don't seem to have the vents. Anybody else have this "problem?" It seems like a design problem to me.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: Grand Vista 250 Engine Vents
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 03:47:13 AM »
It's a design "mistake," I suppose... when it's cold out, you will never feel it in the slightest. However, when it's warm, you definitely will.

On my People 250, I just keep them pointed to the extreme outward position, which lessens the effect. It may aide the radiator in dissipating heat, though... but as a "heater," it's completely ineffective unless you have a skirt made to trap that air around your lower half.

pferrell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »
Thanks for your reply! I just found it!. I thought it would show up as a message, so I haven't been looking at the actual post.

My dealer doesn't seem to know you can adjust the vents.....I have noticed the heated air comes out by my hands and even through the center of the handlebars. Lots of heat in the summer. I am probably going to try to sell it. Don't enjoy the heat at all.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 08:23:31 PM »
Oh!  Well, I know two people locally who have the GV, but I've never thought to look at the vents... but from what you're saying, they aren't louvered and adjustable, like a car's vents (and like the People 250; see attached photo).

kabory

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 06:56:57 PM »
I've been riding my new GV250 for a week now in 80 degree weather and have not had any heat come out the vents.  How many bars are lit up on your dash for temp. Maybe your low on fluid.  Mine is normally 2, did go to three once, that was at a stop light, went back to 2 after riding abit.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()