Author Topic: KYMCO Cobra Racer...2001  (Read 15671 times)

skippy

• View Profile
Re: KYMCO Cobra Racer...2001
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2012, 09:49:06 PM »
 Ihave a Nakura in right now. Im running high rpm's so they dont last too long in mine before they start to fray a little at the edges, 3-4 months normally,

graet lol... thought it would last longer than that... well if anyone knows where we can find a  Bando belt for the agility 50 in the uk. do tell

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:11 PM »
Just my 2 pennies worth...
SUPPOSEDLY the A50, the S9, the Yup, the Cobra, and the Top-boy all use the same belt.. They are seeming to have the same part number..........I will double check to verify again...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2012, 12:46:05 AM »
It may last longer in your scoot Skippy, i just go full pelt everywhere on mine, its rarely running under 7000rpm, even up hills it over 6800-6900rpm  ;D

Batman if thats correct then it might make finding a bando easier. I took the Bando number off my stock belt and had a look online a few months ago tho and couldnt find one anywhere. Think i may email Bando direct and ask them soon as i remember to get round to it.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2012, 01:55:59 AM »
We have a Bando belt distributor here where we get any belt for cars, scoots, etc. Don't they have Bando distributors in other countries?  The Bando distributor here is Philippine Bearing Corp. They carry bearings and belts.  My point here is that maybe instead of going to scooter shops or scooter dealers, why not try the importers and distributors of belts in your areas.

http://www.philippinebearing.com/products.html

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2012, 06:02:59 AM »
Jiangwayne carries Bando as their main line. I ordered a "Bando" a few weeks ago from Provo scooter for the QMB 139 engine, and got some cheap ass copy. I forget the brand but called, and they emailed me a return UPS label. I like the Bando MUCH better than Malossi but they do slip in hi hp engines. Malossi never slips. Malossi explodes. And yes the Gates belts do run shorter than the application. I hate belts.
http://www.jiangwayne.com/scooter/index.php
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2012, 06:07:14 AM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2012, 06:10:36 AM »
That's the problem with on line shopping, sometimes you don't get the right stuff... I still prefer going into stores where I can look and hold before paying....

http://www.bando.de/en/Scooter-Riemen/

http://www.racingplanetusa.com/scootertuning-drive-belt-bando-kymco-keeway-aprilia-malaguti-p-20801-1.html

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:19:07 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2012, 06:17:05 AM »
I don't know of ONE scooter shop in Fl. that stocks anything except batteries, and helmets. It's much different here. People on scoots are looked at like lepers...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2012, 06:35:26 AM »
Maybe it will change in a few years.  Same here before the 90's. Motorbikes with no gas tanks up front are for "ladies" or a "motorbike for subdivisions". And small bikes per se are only for the "poor". It all started when those used Dios and Jogs from Japan came in by the containers (entered thru the backdoor) and filled the streets with these tiny things. Then the market for performance parts grew and everybody wanted a scooter or a small bike.. then came gas prices.... then came Chinese scoots that pulled the prices of Hondas and Yamahas way down in order to compete... Now, there are 4 million small motorbikes in our tiny country and growing more everyday....

Facts:

Motorcycles and scooters here sell more than hot cakes.....

Dealers stock dozens of bikes for fear that buyers might go to the competitor.....

The motorcycle license plate manufacturer cannot cope up with the issuance of plates. Sometimes it takes months before you get your plate.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2012, 06:43:26 AM »
I love it. I don't see the US getting smart about it tho. It's still a Bigger is better country. I can see next years Hybrid 4 ton Escalade selling out before they are made. Just plain stupid!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2012, 06:50:36 AM »
Guess you're right. You'll never see the Terminator riding a 50cc now would you..... ;D ;D ;D

Hmmm....

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:54:25 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »
Now that I see how silly I must look... I understand why people would be too afraid to say so as well.
Actually I am getting a little tired of all the drama involved with these things.
I think I will make scoots less of a priority, and I'll start on an off road version of a 250 Ninja. I just happen to know where one is for sale. No title, and dumped a few times. I believe it will be MUCH cheaper to build, and those parts are avail everywhere. I've been wanting a dirt bike for quite some time now. I just couldn't figure on the type/model.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2012, 07:40:05 AM »
I miss my Elsinore too but I think my bones, tendons, liver, kidney and pancreas can't handle the additional stress.... ;D ;D ;D  The power of youth is gone.....

This just landed on our shores. Kymco K Pipe 125cc.   63,900.00 pesos or around $1,400.00

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:45:16 AM by Vivo »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2012, 07:02:35 AM »
Wow! All we get are 700.00 China sh**. Or 12,000.00 dirt bikes. Now I'm depressed.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »
..depression and anxiety are the two leading causes of suicides in the US....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()