Author Topic: Helmet law  (Read 7770 times)

Spindrift

• View Profile
Helmet law
« on: August 23, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »
Don't quite understand.. I have been visiting USA only two times but on both my trips I saw people driving without helmet on.
Legal or not, doesent matter. It's dangerous and uncomfortable as :-[.
Wonder how people think.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Helmet law
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »
Life is dangerous. You roll the dice and take your chances  :)

I would def ride on short local trips in town on a hot summers day without a helmet if it was allowed here.

Who am i kidding......"hot summers day" ? in Scotland ?  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:13:35 AM »
Americans are hard-headed, they don't need helmets....

sorry... can't resist... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 10:21:06 AM »
Americans are hard-headed, they don't need helmets....

sorry... can't resist... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:D :D :D

And most are so fat they just bounce off the other vehicle and get back up anyway, kinda like having a built-in airbag  :P
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Spindrift

• View Profile
Re: Sv: Helmet law
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 11:20:29 AM »
Wtf. Use proper protection! Driving without it is NOT cool.

If you gets injured for life and sits there in your wheelchair and not able to speak then. How "cool" is that?

Grow up!

Personally I don't give a sh*t.

Spindrift

• View Profile
Re: Sv: Re: Helmet law
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
:D :D :D

And most are so fat they just bounce off the other vehicle and get back up anyway, kinda like having a built-in airbag  :P

Hahahaaa

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »
The smart riders wear the helmets. Just avoid the states without helmet laws. NJ has a helmet law. Pennsylvania, where i work, doesn't. Regardless, I always wear one, unless I have a passenger (in PA) where I give them my helmet to wear.

I always felt that if you are single -- no spouse, or girl/boyfriend and have no close relative who will be made into a accident caretaker should you crash and are paralyzed, in a coma, etc -- then take your chances. I like walking normally, having all my teeth, speaking, and living a life without deformity. The risk don't seem to be worth it.

This is the height of irony:

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Man-dies-after-motorcycle-crashes-during-helmet/3hjcjSPXsUCsrtyM9cBn0g.cspx

Possible outcome of wearing just a brain bucket:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-y0ORMlHQNoY/T4hq7PKQuRI/AAAAAAAADmw/9AhZcKwsjto/s1600/De%2BLos%2BReyes.jpg

-Wolf

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »
I know what youre saying, we dont have any choice anyway cos helmets are mandatory everywhere here. I only ride a 50cc mostly and even tho i could be killed or injured badly i would take the chance if i could on very short local trips to the store etc of 1-3 miles. True i could crash there too, and most accidents seem to happen near to home they say, but i would still chance it i think if it was a real nice day.

I could be hit by a bus crossing the road but i still cross. I guess its about weighing up the risks and deciding if its worth it to you. On longer journeys or in busy town traffic i always wear armoured leathers, gloves and a full face helmet. That jacket helped when i came off in the wet last yr, just slid down the road on my back, got up with a sore knee from the initial fall but zero injuries from sliding.

Common sense goes a long way tho. Still cant believe Indian Larry wiped out and died from a minor fall at low speed  :(
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
In my two scooter accidents,  I found my head will hit the ground regardless how one falls.
Apparently just because a Harley is so heavy,  it must offer the security of an automobile.
Yet the accident we passed where the deer collided with the Harley or vice versa.  The guy
and his wife looked to be in bad shape.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 04:55:08 PM »
not sure if it still holds up by lay but in the old days if you were a seik.you dont/cant have to where a helmet as your turban has to be in contact of your head. so they get away from the helmet law
 so if you want to ride without a helmet .....wrap a towle round your head.

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »
If you wear one at least put it on correctly. And yes, she is riding a scooter.  :-[

2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

Spindrift

• View Profile
Re: Sv: Re: Helmet law
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
If you wear one at least put it on correctly. And yes, she is riding a scooter.  :-[

Seen that too. Don't they feel something's wrong?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
my wife works in a dr office and she tells me all the time about guys and girls not wearing a helmit and if they live threw it there face and head is no good to the reast of there body.............

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 09:08:14 PM »
not sure if it still holds up by lay but in the old days if you were a seik.you dont/cant have to where a helmet as your turban has to be in contact of your head. so they get away from the helmet law
 so if you want to ride without a helmet .....wrap a towle round your head.

Your right skippy  :o i never knew that at all. Cant ever remember seeing a sikh on a motorcycle tho either  ???
http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Turban,_UK_Legislation_Regarding_its_use_by_Sikhs

So there we go, if you want to ride in the UK without a helmet them become a sikh. I would convery for a few weeks just to piss off the cops around here  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »
lol i would just pay to watch you ride round with a towle on your head. ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()