Author Topic: Helmet law  (Read 7772 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Helmet law
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
I usually see them on these kick-bikes

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W68CPM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000W68CPM&linkCode=as2&tag=kinderinfocom-20

Those are dirty blasphermours.... The lord didnt invent steel and rubber, he liketh only WOOD!!!  :D

And stupid beards.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Spindrift

• View Profile
Re: Sv: Re: Helmet law
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »
:D :D :D

You're right

They have a summer event here at my local water park called Bubbalympics. Only people over 275 lbs. I thought about entering this year  :D. It's free for friends and family of contestants to come into the park. I'm about 6'3 with a large build and right at 275. I'm not gonna lie, I do have a slight beer belly too  ;D. Not like some of the fat f%%ks over here though  :D

Bubba.. reminds me of the burgers. Very good.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »
Bubba burgers are nasty
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 10:04:16 PM »
No disrespect to anyone -- too many Americans are fat. I'm about 5'11 and 186 lbs. I try to stay fit by jogging and swimming each week, but it's not easy.
I'm aiming for 177 by the end of September to get to my ideal weight. Diet and exercise is the real key. Since I've been scooting I bike and walk less, but with the Fall coming better weather will be around for.

Football season is starting and damn if i don't want a pizza and a beer.

-Wolf

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »
No disrespect to anyone -- too many Americans are fat. I'm about 5'11 and 186 lbs. I try to stay fit by jogging and swimming each week, but it's not easy.
I'm aiming for 177 by the end of September to get to my ideal weight. Diet and exercise is the real key. Since I've been scooting I bike and walk less, but with the Fall coming better weather will be around for.

Football season is starting and damn if i don't want a pizza and a beer.

-Wolf

From what i see on tv and read in arcticles etc the main problem seems to be the size of servings over there. I know a few folk who visit the states on holiday every year and they all say it is unbelievable how huge meals are in all restaurants or food stores. What you guys are served for one person is what we would have for 2-4 people here. One of those huge Mcdonalds coke drinks contains more coke than probably than an average European will drink in a whole day, maybe even 2 days  :o

Another thing i see is that the cost of eating out or eating take-away food makes it attractive to do that almost every night there and many people rarely or never cook much from scratch using raw materials to make a homemade meal now there. This seems to ne based on cost but also the fact that you seem to all lead a pretty hectic lifestyle and have little freetime to spend cooking anyway so its easier just to grab a pizza or burger etc somewhere on the way home from work or on the way to work. You all need to work less and spend more time relaxing at home with the family doing stuff or at least cooking healthier food instead of always chasing those dollars. That moneys no good if you spend it all later on medical bills or die at 60 of obesity related disease. Oh, and btw the UK is cat himg up fast cos many here now seem to be becoming just like you. Its a timebomb. Fu©k that lifestyle, its not for me. If i wobbled when i walked or got a spare tyre i will do something about it asap before it got outta hand.

I had a conversation with someone last year on Facebook who couldnt understand what was wrong with a junior school serving pizza to kids at a school breakfast club!!! Pizza is NOT a breakfast food, at least not unless your a college student waking up with a hangover on a sunday morning  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 02:34:23 AM »
From Worldometer: Of 22 industrialized countries, the U.S. has the highest obesity statistics 2/3 of Americans over age 20 are overweight nearly 1/3 of Americans over age 20 are obese.

I cook food everyday. Eat breakfast at home (usually vegetables, fruit, rice) Pack my lunch in a tupperware and bring to the office. On the way home, I pass by the store, buy some fresh produce, veges, fowl, etc. and cook again when I reach home. I cook more during Sundays. Pizzas and burgers are only for emergencies. My American friends here also love to cook maybe because life's pace here is slower compared to the States and you can really manage time easily.

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 04:44:06 AM »
Wolf, Streido and Vivo hit the nail on the head.....Wake up America!!!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 05:29:29 AM »
Wolf, Streido and Vivo hit the nail on the head.....Wake up America!!!

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 05:44:03 AM »
Thats cos Amish ride these......no helmet req  :P

http://www.kiddimoto.co.uk/scooters/black-scooter

What concerns me most about this ad is that it claims to be "the best of British design."  If I were British, I'd be so offended by this...  ;D
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 05:55:33 AM »
What concerns me most about this ad is that it claims to be "the best of British design."  If I were British, I'd be so offended by this...  ;D

British huh!...  Philippine scooters are better....

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 05:59:58 AM »
I love custom...   ;)  Looks kinda like an escapee from a carousel.
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2012, 06:16:43 AM »
HILL'S ANGELS

Spindrift

• View Profile
Re: Sv: Re: Helmet law
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »
British huh!...  Philippine scooters are better....

That f**k looks like it's made by orcs for orcs.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 02:18:08 AM »
Not to come down on my country but sometimes its best not to follow the crowds or the trends. I agree with Vivo -- healthy eating never hurts. I'm glad there's a farmers' market in my town on saturdays, and my wife grows a lot of vegetables.

-Wolf

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 02:53:40 AM »
This thread has gone (snack-snack-crunch-crunch) a little off track..  :)  Now please excuse me while I return to my huge Big Mac with fries and 6 liter Coke..  

I almost always wear a helmet especially since being in a very nasty cycle/car head-on incident many years ago but still think that the rider should have the choice.  In Florida as long as you are not a minor and have a certain amount of medical insurance you are free to ride without a helmet.

If they (government/authorities) decide that you MUST wear a helmet because it's safer, what is to keep them from outlawing scooters/cycles once we reach the point that cars are just as economical and deciding that you MUST ride in an enclosed vehicle because it's safer?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:11:11 AM by bdrannik »
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()