Author Topic: cobra kick start casing issue  (Read 617 times)

tankboyben

• View Profile
cobra kick start casing issue
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:56:21 PM »
Hi all, im trying to put a new unrestricted drive boss in me ped but im having an issue, im trying to Remove the crank case cover and have removed the screws on the outside edge but it still feels locked in somehow, i cannot get it to come off, am i missing a hidden screw or trick?

p.s. i did manage to get a crowbar in the back edge but the thing still didnt want to come off :(

sorry if posted in wrong section by the way but there doesnt seem to be a Cobra/Topboy section
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:08:22 PM by tankboyben »

blue

• View Profile
Re: cobra kick start casing issue
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 06:34:11 PM »
dont force it off .it should just pull of check rely good for extra bolds and nuts.......

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: cobra kick start casing issue
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »
Either you misses a bolt or its maybe just not been off for years? If you double check all bolts are out and find they are defo all out bit its still stuck then maybe soak it in penetrating fluid like WD40 or similair for a few hrs and try again.

As a total last resort you could drill and then tap a 6mm hole in the front and screw in a bolt to use to pull out the way with some grips , but i would only do that after trying everything else and having no other option.

If you look uo Wordslinger and p.m him he may be able to help cos hes just sold a cobra and bought another so hes been in the cvt a good few times on them lately. If theres a knack to them then he will def know and if nothing else he can tell you how many bolts hold jt on so you can be sure you got all your out.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()