Author Topic: Grandvista blinking temperature gauge  (Read 1711 times)

Oldocrider

• View Profile
Grandvista blinking temperature gauge
« on: August 25, 2012, 10:11:51 PM »
A few weeks ago I posted problem with my temperature gauge blinking on and off. Sometimes the icon would disappear and sometime the temp segments. I was suspecting a cold solder joint. I also had a leaky water pump. Turns out the leaky water pump let a lot of air into the cooling system. I kept the reservoir topped up but air must have got in when it was very low before topping it up. Had the water pump replaced under warrantee. Flushed the cooling system, purged out the air and now gauge works perfectly and no leaks. Problem solved.

MaryK

• View Profile
Re: Grandvista blinking temperature gauge
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
Thanks for the update.

You haven't indicated where you live... It would be nice to have a fellow owner around .

Scoot safely,  watch for school zones
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

Oldocrider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »
Hi Mary k. I live in Orange County, California. I'm happy to pass on what I've learned. If anyone else has a flashing temp gauge it could mean a low coolent level. I'm lucky my engine didn't get fried.

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »
My temperature gauge is also blinking after i had some arc-welding done on the frame. Before welding i've disconnected and unmounted the CDI, Regulator, heater controller unit, and the earth wire that connects all the electrics and electronics to the frame. Also unmounted the battery and took the ignition key out. What could be the problem?

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:51:32 PM »
My temperature gauge is also blinking after i had some arc-welding done on the frame. Before welding i've disconnected and unmounted the CDI,...

Rudolf, I've welded the exhaust on my scooter several times and didn't disconnect anything and had no problems.  Same with my car.
PaulC

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 12:05:30 AM »
My temperature gauge is also blinking after i had some arc-welding done on the frame. Before welding i've disconnected and unmounted the CDI, Regulator, heater controller unit, and the earth wire that connects all the electrics and electronics to the frame. Also unmounted the battery and took the ignition key out. What could be the problem?

Possibly the temp sensor got disconnected? It's one wire on top of the thermostat, that's where the gauge gets its reading.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 08:06:41 AM »
Sensor was connected wiring was good, turned out that the temp gauge from the instrument panel was fried due to an electrical surge while i was welding on the frame. So i've replaced the whole dashboard.

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 08:07:58 AM »
Now it's working properly

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()