Author Topic: new kymco bogging issue  (Read 2067 times)

Stefano225

• View Profile
new kymco bogging issue
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:31:50 AM »
Well I got the scooter for over a month and almost 300 miles on it.First issue was bogging problems contantly then one night riding home lights out when accelerating.Took it to  the dealer they cleaned carb saing was gumdup no charge .Lights problem solved on its own dealer never duplicate the problem .The only thingh I can think is I tighten the  terminals on battwry and checked fuses .My concern is that the bogging still happens when applying little trotthle is that normal ? also when engine is cold, but when it warms up problem disappears.

old mod

• View Profile
Re: new kymco bogging issue
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »
Hi, when my scoot was new the lights cut out a few times, took it back and a cracked fuse was the culprit!
 As for the bogging, it sounds like the pilot jet is too small, check your spark plug, if it's white, get your dealer to put in a size larger pilot. Shouldn't cost TOO much ;D

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:32:28 PM »
Bogging???
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 12:34:39 AM »
Bogging is when you hit the throttle and it goes pleuhhhhh instead of waaaaaaaaaa.

Pilot jets can be gummed up, but it would be rare to have to upsize one. Instead of not enough fuel, it may be too much air, as in a vac line leak or poor connection allowing the engine to suck air.

Make sure clamps etc are all tight
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 02:56:38 AM »
Bogging is when you hit the throttle and it goes pleuhhhhh instead of waaaaaaaaaa.

Pilot jets can be gummed up, but it would be rare to have to upsize one. Instead of not enough fuel, it may be too much air, as in a vac line leak or poor connection allowing the engine to suck air.

Make sure clamps etc are all tight

Yeah, clamps... when my s8 was new... clamps were loose...

Stefano225

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »
Did check clamps and one was little loose still have problem ,dealer already clean carb .I think to much air sucked in .I will take it in next week so will see what happens.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()