Author Topic: NEED CARB HELP!!!!!  (Read 5506 times)

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
Re: NEED CARB HELP!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2012, 04:03:26 PM »
Ok my scooter guy that lives in my area said try stock air box as well Streido. I don't have one since I bought scoot used and it was missing. He brought me a used one he had laying around for me to try. He said pretty much bone stock scoots don't want to well with open filter.
Drive it like you stole it! Lol......

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012, 08:56:32 PM »
Ok my scooter guy that lives in my area said try stock air box as well Streido. I don't have one since I bought scoot used and it was missing. He brought me a used one he had laying around for me to try. He said pretty much bone stock scoots don't want to well with open filter.

Well i dont know about that, if the jetting is correct then they should work ok  :-\

You can still try put some tape over some of the open filter 1st if you find that easier. If it runs better its got too much air for the jet in the carb so just upjet. I had an 88 jet in and needed to cover 2/3 of the filter with tape to get it to work, with a 92 jet it works fine and is about perfect with no tape needed now.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »
Ok Streido I'll try that! I just want to get scooter running..... I've been missing with it almost a year getting it back up and in good condition.

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 04:15:15 PM »
Ok guys I still have the same problem! I've switched carb out for stock one. Put on original air box. Still sounds like it's spitting back thru carb. I have a stupid question? What is all the sh** inside the spark plug cap? There's a brass screw piece if you remove it a spring & a little aluminum part come out! I took the aluminum part out because it causes resistance in plug wire. Since I took that out could it be causing spark signal to break down & cause loss of spark under load when riding?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 07:48:43 PM »
Could well be the problem, i never took it apart so cant really say what the bits inside are for. They must be there for a reason tho  :-\

Stick em back in and see what happens.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »
Gonna try that whenever it quits raining here. Three days of so far cuz out hurricane Isaac.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()