Author Topic: birthday cheer  (Read 2961 times)

skippy

• View Profile
birthday cheer
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:34:20 AM »
my birythday coming up in middle of september. just found a leo vince exhaust has been orded by the misses. lol
well i know i sead i dont see the point in all that noice and not going anywhere but cant wate now. ill have to find a free air filter for the a 50
should look nice when she painted and all shiney

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: birthday cheer
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:39:06 AM »
I celebrated by birthday last August 14  and bought a nice brand new teflon frying pan.... ;D ;D ;D.. just love to cook.....

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »
I celebrated by birthday last August 14  and bought a nice brand new teflon frying pan.... ;D ;D ;D.. just love to cook.....

lol well then you should put up in the mod thred to put a bbq on the back of your scoot insted of top box. a nice hot day pull over on the side of the road open the bbq top box put some meet on and chill with a bottle. now that would be a dreem scoot. pitty about the uk weather, always rain.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:31:33 AM »
lol well then you should put up in the mod thred to put a bbq on the back of your scoot insted of top box.

Hay that would work thaks for the idea...............lol

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »
Skippy I used a 90 degree bend exhaust piece that was 1.5 inches outside dia. & a K&N air filter part #ER-1100 to make my own free flow air intake.
Drive it like you stole it! Lol......

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »
Skippy I used a 90 degree bend exhaust piece that was 1.5 inches outside dia. & a K&N air filter part #ER-1100 to make my own free flow air intake.

Yup, me too. "Borrowed" my piece of pipe from one of the water feed pipes for the toilet at work.  ;D

Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »
If you do fit an open filter Skippy then make sure you make a cover for it to keep the rain and road spray out, otherwise on the 1st wet day you wont get anywhere. I used the bottom off a 2L plastic coke bottle, works a treat.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »
Oh...and you'll soon grow to love the noise off the Leo. I felt exactly the same as you do now before i got mine.

The neighbours wont love it but you will  ;)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
Streido how did you mount 2l bottle bottom for wet riding to filter assembly?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »
Streido how did you mount 2l bottle bottom for wet riding to filter assembly?

My filter has a screw in the centre of the end of it that i took out and put thro a hole i drilled in the end of the bottle, then i just screwed the screw back into the filter. Works a treat.

This is a pic of my 1st one i did where i also closed off the open end of the bottle a little with cable ties to minimise any water or spray getting in. I found i didnt need to do that tho so i cut another one and just left the end open, been fine for months now. This is the 1st one, cant see the top screw tho in this pic. Will try get a pic of my new one tonight after work if i remember and post it later.

Chaos is my co-pilot.

Scooter Russ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
Looks good Streido! My K&N filter is a little different & doesn't have bolt or screw in end of it. So I'll have to find an alternant way of mounting it to intake pipe.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 07:02:18 PM »
This is mark 2 which is much better

Just a pity its so wet here or i wouldnt bother. I need to move somewhere sunny. :)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 07:15:07 PM »
yer i remembed your cover this mornig. so i looked on ped parts and found TNT Racing Air Filter - 90 deg bend Carbon or black that is sort of inclosed so i didnt have to go to the trouble. not as nice looking as a k&n type but should stand up to uk weather.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
yer i remembed your cover this mornig. so i looked on ped parts and found TNT Racing Air Filter - 90 deg bend Carbon or black that is sort of inclosed so i didnt have to go to the trouble. not as nice looking as a k&n type but should stand up to uk weather.

Mine came with a cover too, that black thing on my desk in one of the 1st pics is it (looks like an aerosol can lid)didnt work well tho, rain got in easily.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 07:30:50 PM »
the first pic does look like a cap.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()