Author Topic: How to determine Model #  (Read 2218 times)

DaBears

• View Profile
How to determine Model #
« on: August 28, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »
Hello Everyone - I am trying to order parts off of Stadium Yamaha website and there are 4 different options for the brake lever handle that I need. I cannot find any of the numbers available on the website on the scooter. I don't know how to determine which part I need.
I have an '06 xciting 250...HELP?  :D

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Re: How to determine Model #
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 10:27:01 PM »
I typed in 250  Xciting and there were four right hand and four left hand choices.
Yet all 4 LH and all 4 RH choices seem to be the same information.  And they all
seem to be Black Painted (Mine are not).   There are various issues in their parts listings
as to whether you get each(s) or pair(s) and in this case all the sames.  Brake Pads are
one item I had this issue with.  I suppose if you are overly concerned you could call
or e-mail them with this question.   Several body panels offered in colors yet the
descriptions do not lend themselves to i.d.ing the proper color.   If I recall from last year,
there is a price difference between left and right handle.   If yours is bent,  you can heat it with a
propane torch and carefully bend it back straight.  I also had one of the ball ends break off.  Drilled 2 small holes and JB welded it back on using a roll pin.

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: How to determine Model #
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:17:25 AM »
I'm going to speculate that you would get the brake lever that you need - I believe that the gloss black in the description is an error.

When making an emergency/touring parts kit for my Downtown 300 I ordered some levers and it had the same part number for the brake lever with the gloss black mentioned in the description  - when it arrived it was the correct "bare aluminum looking" color.  (As a disclaimer I should probably state to contact Stadium or your local dealer to verify the color first  :) )

Urbestfriend: In the parts listings when you see the NH045MA, NH124MA, etc those are the paint color codes for the body panels (ie paint code to give your autobody shop to mix some matching paint).  The 3-character codes (in brackets) in the table below are the associated Kymco color codes suffix which are appended to the part number when the dealer orders a body panel from Kymco.  For example if a body piece has a part number of 12345, if they needed it in Bright Silver they would order a 12345-N8P.  So in a parts listing if you see a part reference with either NH045MA or N8P it would be Bright Silver, etc..

NH045MA Bright Silver (N8P)
NH124MA Dark Gray Metallic (NFP)
PB107MA Bright Blue (BAP)
YR168PA Orange (YFP)
PB244MA Deep Blue (C6P)

In the parts listing for an '06 Xciting 250 all of the body colors above use the same color of brake lever, color code suffix M3A.

Don't know if any of this was useful to you but thought I'd type for a while anyway...   :)

Brent

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:29:43 AM by bdrannik »
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()