Author Topic: Only 5 Kymco Scooters are made in Taiwan for the USA Market!  (Read 17315 times)

old geezer

• View Profile
Re: Only 5 Kymco Scooters are made in Taiwan for the USA Market!
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2012, 02:55:58 PM »
Dude, we know your history, you put 25,000 miles on a Kymco 250, running 60 miles a day, and most of that at 70 MPH, with an exhaust leak and no inclination to adjust the valves or tune the carb.

Why you would have anything bad to say about Kymco is unclear, when you really did quite well, despite having little mechanical aptitude.

Now you have a machine with half the displacement and the same trek to Dakkar each day, so, go little Honda.

It's not a big motorcycle, just a groovy little motorbike
It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys, that two wheel bike
Put on a ragged sweatshirt so we can ride my Honda tonight

I believe it goes like this...

It's not a big motorcycle Just a groovy little motorbike
It's more fun than a barrel of monkeys that two wheel bike
We'll ride on out of the town to any place I know you like

http://www.metrolyrics.com/little-honda-lyrics-beach-boys.html

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 02:58:41 PM by old geezer »

ce

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2012, 03:05:24 PM »
Yeah, well, last time I heard it was in 1964, by the Hondells, on the Telefunken, in High Fidelity.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »
Dude, we know your history, you put 25,000 miles on a Kymco 250, running 60 miles a day, and most of that at 70 MPH, with an exhaust leak and no inclination to adjust the valves or tune the carb.

I put 60 miles every weekday on it from late April, 2012 until late June, 2012. Two whole months. Only about a month of that was interstate riding, too. But since you have all this on the record, please point out where I'm sugarcoating it.

Are you saying my valves and carb were not properly adjusted (because I have a mechanic who would beg to differ), or that a People 250 just isn't meant to do 70mph for a whole 20 days of commuting?

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »
"hands on experience in the last 49 years..."
One, (1) !, Jprest. Just one. You win. You win! It's the 09 500Ri and smoother than a Tennessee Walking Horse, more acceleration than a GTO and just damn good fun. She's done every thing I've asked her to do and then some, including saving my life. Now I don't understand why you need to be so passive aggressive and disengenuous. How many? who cares? I'm having fun man. A little recuperation and almost ready to get back in the saddle again. Now pull your panties up and enjoy the hell out of that wanda honda thing. If it is congruent with other Honda products you should have a good reliable ride. Enjoy that. You don't need to poke little barbs at us. We're happy for you. If you would like to celebrate the lows and highs of scootering please join us but just cut the stupid sh**. How many?
Mike

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2012, 12:01:24 AM »
Mike: I don't think we'll change JP. I think the best we can do is simply not reply to any of this threads/replies. You're correct, he's simply an angry person with Kymco. I think trying to "reason" with him will not work. He'll still will not leave this forum.....The best we can do is NOT reply to his nonsense! 
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2012, 01:13:32 AM »
It appears the only thang folx here want to change about me is my propensity to give not just the "pros," but the "cons," as well. If you assume that reporting a bad experience with a product is a personal affront because you own said product, well, I can't help you with how you choose to feel about that. If you assume that I only speak ill of Kymco, you're ignoring a pretty comprehensive history that runs counter to that (Google "kymco blog" and select the first link).

ce may be right -- maybe a Kymco People 250 is really only a good match for people with above-average mechanical talents, and all the tools and whatnot... or only good for occasional, leisure riding, and not up to a 30-mile, one-way commute at near-WOT. I've heard that said of the cheap Chinese no-name bikes, and that generally seems to hold true. When I was shopping for scooters, that's the kind of stuff I appreciated knowing about, up-front.

And it may turn out that the PCX is no more suited to this grueling commute (heh) than the People 250 was. Next week will mark two full months, so it will soon surpass the People 250's record for that commute. If it breaks down next week due to all the neglect and abuse it's taking, boy will I have some crow to eat.  But I won't sugarcoat it, either way. I'm not a fanboy -- I just write about my experiences, and how anyone particularly feels about it is not my concern. I'm not running for office.  :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:35:46 AM by jprestonian »

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2012, 01:28:33 AM »
Well said MassScoot! You're absolutely right. Thanks man. I have read this poor little man's vitreole sp? for too long and I thought that I could challenge him just to man up and move on with this issue of his. When he posted his goodbye I thought, "problem solved", but he's back with his sarcasm and lack of any graciousness or concern for another member and ignoring inappropriate behavior is the best decision. Hope things are going well for you with your scooter. Ride it like you stole it! Enjoy,
Mike

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »
Mike: I totally understood what you were trying to do. I knew he wasn't going to ""man-up" Do you ever notice that JP doesn't answer any of your questions? You asked him about his snippy BS reply to me & of course we never got one. Also...the most important one, his quote that he was leaving these forums. Seems like scootering takes up a good amount of his time (pretty sad) I don't have time to create a blog about my GT300i or my newly purchased Super 8, let alone his Honda PCX125. Don't get me wrong....scootering is a BLAST! Plus I really enjoy most of the people here. Just that my priorities are boating (short season), fishing, NFL & scoots. I have a rule, one sip of beer & I'm done scootering for the day. Considering I love to get my snap-on the weekends, I don't put on as many miles as I would like.

It's best that we simply ignore him. Or better, if he posts, ask everyone not to respond. If everyone did that, then I think he would find somewhere else to be a PITA. Funny...There is always someone that has to an idiot on forums. 
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »
While my fans talk about me, I'll be here, talking scooters.  :) 

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »
Hi guys,

why this aggression against JP?
I value his posts since I joined this forum 3.5 years ago.
I don't mind what vehicle (if any!) someone drives, as long as his posts match the topics of this forum.

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2012, 06:37:20 PM »
ts1,
Thanks.
Be safe and drive it like you stole it!
Mike

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
Maybe because he bad mouthed the forum, said he was leaving, yet now he's posting more than ever. And he still bad mouths the forum. This is a scooter forum yes, but does it have to be boring and dry too?
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
Maybe because he bad mouthed the forum

If by "bad-mouth," one means "said there were better scooter forums," yes. There are some out there that don't have religious wars daily over absolutely-settled topics like octane, for example.  :)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
Most of us on here are just a bunch of rag-tag misfits, scooter nerds and oddballs so its expected we wont all get along or agree all the time. I got no problem with anything anyone posts, anytime, unless its plain racist or threatening, neither of which JP was. Seems in the last 3-4months theres been a lot of stupid, petty squabbles on here over stupid nonsense, we're turning into a bunch of old fishwives here  ::)

Im sure i piss some folk off at times just as others can piss me off at times, now i just tend to ignore subjects or people i have no wish to get involved with. Works for me. I got no time to get stressed or annoyed, i come here to help when i need it, offer it where i can and have a laugh along the way. I decided long ago to just go with the flow and accept folk for who they are, whether i like or agree is unimportant. We're all different, some more different than others, my mom always said i was "special"  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2012, 12:13:47 AM »
Well said Streido!
You have said it all. What a wonderful way to close this nonsense out.
Much thanks,
An old fishwife naamed Mike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()