Author Topic: Modded '07 People S 50 4t need help!!!  (Read 6429 times)

Juxpitos

• View Profile
Modded '07 People S 50 4t need help!!!
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:44:53 PM »
Hi i am new here and have a HUGE question regarding my People S 50.

I put the 83cc big bore kit on it and have the CDI shaved, Upped the main Carb jet to a 105 put a cone air filter and performance exhaust also raised the carb pin, I don't see the washer on the boss drive nor a shoulder to stop the belt from rising But it loses all power at about 40 MPH.

It gets to speed like a bat out of hell and i don't see any problems with acceleration.

I don't know what could be causing this, besides the stock CDI having a Rev Limiter but i am not sure it does or not. if you have had this problem or have a suggestion that i haven't mentioned here PLEASE let me know, i would love to see what this Scoot can do now!

skippy

• View Profile
Re: Modded '07 People S 50 4t need help!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:55:59 PM »
sounds like a limeter on cdi. have you checked you variator? to see if the belt is going all the way up? best thing to do is draw a line from centure to the end of the face plate and then ride it. the pen should be worn off if the belt is going all the way. this will show if drive boss ltd.also check your roler weights. the lighter the roller the faster the accelaration but less top end.

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »
Can't get to the roller weights but it's acceleration is great.

It's almost like it stops getting gas at 40.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:24:51 PM »
Worn rollers, or worn belt, or too stiff torque spring, or too light rollers, or sticking torque drive, or combination of those poss.

Do what Skippy said 1st with the magic marker on the variator and make sure the belt is riding up to the outer edge of the variator, bet it isnt.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 12:44:50 AM »
tried it and the marker wears off all the way up.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 07:02:23 AM »
Has it ever gone over 40mph? Not sure of the people top speed cos i have an Agility. What about downhill, does it go past 40 then?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 07:17:59 AM »
when the only mod done was the de-restricted CDI it would do 38 mph.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 08:21:57 AM »
Maybe 40mph is the top speed then  ???

Slapping on a bigger kit doesnt mean more top end, it just give you more power and torque to get to the top speed and climb hills etc. The top speed is ruled by the size of the variator, the rear pulley and the belt. If you already had it going at its best achievabke top speed before the kit the you would not gain any top speed after fitting the kit, you would just get more power to get you up to speed etc. 
Since you say the belt is riding up to the top of the variator then i guess its maxed out at 40mph. If thats the case then the only way to increase the top end is to fit an oversized variator and rear pulley, stage6 made one but i dont know if its compatable with your scoot. Only other option is to change the gearing in the rear box.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 08:23:38 AM »
Maybe 40mph is the top speed then  ???

Slapping on a bigger kit doesnt mean more top end, it just give you more power and torque to get to the top speed and climb hills etc. The top speed is ruled by the size of the variator, the rear pulley and the belt. If you already had it going at its best achievabke top speed before the kit the you would not gain any top speed after fitting the kit, you would just get more power to get you up to speed etc. 
Since you say the belt is riding up to the top of the variator then i guess its maxed out at 40mph. If thats the case then the only way to increase the top end is to fit an oversized variator and rear pulley, stage6 made one but i dont know if its compatable with your scoot. Only other option is to change the gearing in the rear box.

+++1  ;)

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 03:20:17 PM »
Then it's time to sell the scoot, Sorry but 40 isn't going to cut it. time to go with a taotao, i hear they do 50 MPH stock  $2000 all OEM and aftermarket parts included, only 1025 miles on 50cc and only 10 miles on 83cc. get it while the getting is good.

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »
You need to get something larger than 50cc . Also just so you will know Tao Tao's are absoloute crap . Good luck .
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:45:28 PM by juice »

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 04:54:58 PM »
I did get something larger than 50cc it was the 83cc BBK, and that only helped accel. From my point of view a TaoTao that can do 50+ WITHOUT modding is WAY better than a Kymco than can't do 40 WITH modding!!!

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 05:00:42 PM »
you just have the wrong kymco. ok after mods ours get 50mph ish but its a 4t. just get a 2 stroke if you want 60 mph. if you need more get a 125cc
 for the roads we use 40 to 50mph is enough
at the end of the day kymco is a good strong reliable product that is made to be ltd to 30 stated by law

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 05:08:45 PM »
Let us know how the taotao works out for you . Good luck .

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 06:57:53 PM »
As stated MY problem with MY Kymco is it has been modded and WON'T get to 40 on the Speedometer without cutting out badly. when it was stock it would get to 42 before it started stuttering and keeping a constant speed of 42. now when it hits 38-40 it cuts out and drops to about 32-34 and then picks back up only to do the same thing.

I would be fine if my scoot would do 40 as a top speed as long as it stayed at 40 without cutting out badly, but i think it should get to at least 50 with the power it still has before it cuts out.

I was planning to get this registered as a motorcycle after the BBK work had been done.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()