Author Topic: Modded '07 People S 50 4t need help!!!  (Read 6426 times)

skippy

• View Profile
Re: Modded '07 People S 50 4t need help!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 07:01:51 PM »
sounds like a badley worn belt. try a new belt and see what happens.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 08:05:09 PM »
Sounds like the jetting is wrong to me  :-\ poss leading to fuel starvation at WOT.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 08:08:08 PM »
Did you post in the People section? More likely to get the correct advice there from other people owners. They can also tell ypu if 40 is tbe max speed or not. I can get 52mph out my Agility 50cc with NO BBK on it, still 50cc's and a 4t. 40mph seems slow.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
This people goes to 80km/h so it look like its similair to the A50 performance.

Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
I take it you checked to make sure the rear pulley isnt one with the restriction on it too?

Or have you just given up now  :-\ saw you put a post to sell it. Wouldve made more sense to have done some proper research on it 1stbt i guess some folk just cant be bothered  ???
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 09:25:18 PM »
I take it you checked to make sure the rear pulley isnt one with the restriction on it too?

Or have you just given up now  :-\ saw you put a post to sell it. Wouldve made more sense to have done some proper research on it 1stbt i guess some folk just cant be bothered  ???

I have not given up on it, thought it is still for sale and i DID my research so don't get cocky. it's currently stumping the local moped mechanics as well as being offered on the market, if you think you can fix it, BUY IT, don't tell me i haven't done something just because you think i didn't.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
as streido said you would get more help in the people post section. most of the time its always something small and simple that gets over looked.

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »
as streido said you would get more help in the people post section. most of the time its always something small and simple that gets over looked.

Searched ALL posts with "People 50" in them any where on this site with NO help for my problems, plus i figured that the Tech help section would be a better bet for TECH HELP!!!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »
The tech section is meant to be a general section for general tech write ups or advice. For more specific info on a specific model you will generally get more info and correct advice from others who own that model, in your case the people section.  :)

Wasnt getting cocky, just saying....

If you havent given up then why did you put it for sale  :-\

I dont want or need it, my A50 is faster and i already own 2 scoots. Besides i dont live in the states so the shipping cost wouldnt be worth it even if i did want it, which i dont cos its too slow  ;D

Just cos your pissed off with the scoot and cant resolve the problem on your kymco does not make all Kymcos or even all People 50's bad scoots, it just means you or your mechanic havent figured out how to fix it yet.

Anyway.......if you are interested in trying to fix it then why not PM Wordslinger and ask him nicely if he can offer any advice or help, he has a people and knows his stuff so that may be your best bet.

.......or just give up, sell it, and buy the Tao Tao.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 11:11:25 PM »
Well steroid despite what you want to believe, it is at the shop getting fixed, if they can't figure it out or they can and it's a sh** ton of work any interested buyer will be told it's location so they can look at it and have a mechanic tell them whats up and down with it. so thank you.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 08:55:44 AM »
So you have checked for the restriction on the rear pulley then? A lot more scoots seems to have them now. Will be a raised section on the torque drive face.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 05:18:49 PM »
So you have checked for the restriction on the rear pulley then? A lot more scoots seems to have them now. Will be a raised section on the torque drive face.

the restriction on my Kymco was on the Drive Boss and it has been removed. there is no form of restriction on the rear pully

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 05:26:01 PM »
the restriction on my Kymco was on the Drive Boss and it has been removed. there is no form of restriction on the rear pully

If your rear driven pulley looks like this pic it is restricted. Notice the ring sticking out in the center.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »
well First off i should say that IF a pulley was restricted (and there not) it would top speed and stay there, as it sits as soon as i hit 40 it loses all power like it's not getting enough gas and drops 5-7 MPH.

thanks though

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 06:30:45 PM »
my thoughts keep going back to the cdi. i would try another for the time being, as you say its like not getting enough gass.
all i can think is  the carb/ cdi or jetting mix and air.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()