Author Topic: Replacement windscreen for GrandVista 250  (Read 1960 times)

FredOneSmith

• View Profile
Replacement windscreen for GrandVista 250
« on: August 29, 2012, 12:58:31 AM »
If you are interested in a larger than stock aftermarket windscreen for the GrandVista 250, here are my findings on the subject.  In the USA GIVI sells the 290ST (23.9"H x 27.6"W) and the 290-DT (26.25"H x 22"W).  EuroNetBike.net sells ISOTTA replacement windscreens for the GrandVista (and many other scooters), and they ship to America, and even with their $35 shipping charge, the ISOTTA's are larger than the GIVI's, and much lower cost. ISOTTA makes two different windscreens for the GrandVista, one is 29.1339"H x 24.8"W, and the other is 9/10 of an inch shorter and the same width. I just ordered the shorter one for $104 delivered (to Pennsylvania). These ISOTTA's do not use support brackets like the GIVI's do, but the customer service at EuroBikeNet told me that flexing and cracking has never been a problem with the ISOTTA's. They did tell me that if the ISOTTA's high speed flexing (if any) bothers me, that I should jam a piece of styrofoam in between the base of the windscreen and the front of the instrument pod.-- Fred
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:00:18 PM by FredOneSmith »

bad-day

• View Profile
Re: Replacement windscreen for GrandVista 250
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »
Have you received the windshield? What can you tell us about it? What height are you?

Thanks in advance, luke
2005 Kymco Grand Vista 250

whozleft

• View Profile
Givi review
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »
Just as a footnote, if anyone is interested.

I just replaced the shield on my wife's Grandvista with the Givi screen and she loves the difference. Says it makes her ride much more comfortable. So for us it was a good choice.

catman2130093

• View Profile
Re: Givi review
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 12:44:44 AM »
Just as a footnote, if anyone is interested.

I just replaced the shield on my wife's Grandvista with the Givi screen and she loves the difference. Says it makes her ride much more comfortable. So for us it was a good choice.

I have had the Givi on my GV for two years-I did have to drill a tiny hole at the end of a crack on each of the horizontal mounts to stop the crack. Tropical Storm Debby blew the bike off of it's center stand onto my motorhome and cracked the windscreen. Just under 10k miles,and no troubles from the Givi,or the bike.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()