Author Topic: BBK bogging down  (Read 4109 times)

mono

• View Profile
Re: BBK bogging down
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »
Strange that it seems louder while bogging down or running rough.....

Since the symptoms seem to depend on speed rather than rpm, have you checked your CVT lately ?

Can the rear pulley be opened all the way, are the rollers still round, and does everything move like it should without stickyness or scraping ?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:09:41 PM by mono »

Geos

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
I took apart the CVT and found that there are 2 cracks in the back plate of the varator . there are 2 good sized cracks that made the varator move unevenly untill it got up to speed. I was going to take it apart today and when Mono posted to check made me want to do it more. I hope this is the cure. But I will drive it more to see. Thanks Mono, and everyone else for your help. I will keep you all updated.

Geos

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »
..cool, geos..

..can you post pics of this??

..i would like to see this, because i've never seen oem cvt parts fail prematurely...

..wanna see what this looks like...

:o
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 01:49:10 AM »
I wanna see...I wanna see....I wanna see.........
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Geos

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 02:21:43 AM »
it is not oem. It is a KOSO, it came with the new varator.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 02:27:51 AM »
...wowww...that's ugly....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 02:50:14 AM »
Ouch, that is ugly..
Koso does have some good products but I believe I'd be weary of the vars now.......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 07:28:35 AM »
Man, ive never seen that before  ???

I ended up using my stock ramp-plate with my race variator last year just cos it fit better and seemed to slide nicer than the one that came with the new variator sl If you still got the oem stock one just use that plate instead. You may need to swap the plastic guides over tho.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:25 AM »
hello...on the subject of the scoot bogging down..i did try my scoot with the original airbox and had the same problem. i tried going down jet sizes but ran out of lower numbers and decided to sling the polini back on with a #96 jet.
i also have a 72cc kit on my kymmi but its a naraku i also run it with a 50cc naraku head, apparently with a big valve head you loose alot of compression almost to the point you may just as well keep the engine stock lol...with the 50cc head my engine is pumping some serious compression, the only thing you need to be aware of is if you do use the stock 50cc head is to check the clearance between the piston and the valves and base of the head otherwise you will smash the piston and kill the scoot in the process.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

jaws

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 02:00:00 AM »
Geos, where at in south michigan are you? I live in southwest mich,  and could help you if needed. I just helped my buddy tune in a 100cc kit on a jonway scooter

Geos

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 03:26:16 AM »
I live in Adrian.
After replaced the varator part and it ran pretty good for about 2 miles. Then when ever I gave it any gas it would bog down and die. Which ment i got to baby it to my dad's, about 3 miles, only going about 5 m.p.h.  >:(
and then baby it back to my friends today to work on it. He milled .001 off the head and cleaned up the valves. we also took the carb apart, again, and cleaned it. We put it all back together and it started right up but was loud. the exhaust gasket was missing. we put it back on and had a hard time starting it. Once we did it had better pick up then it ever has. It started to rain so we didn't ride it to much. Turned it off let it sit for five minutes and it started up. I rode it 3 miles to my dad and left it for the night.
I will try riding after work tomorrow thru out the week. hopefully it is fixed. Next is cab work on the carb and air setup. I don't really want to use the little K&N type, because they are so loud.

Geos

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 06:44:21 PM »
Another update:
My buddy took apart the new head and found that the intake valve was warp as well as the seat. I only had 75 miles put on the head, before it happened. The fuel mix was good and everything else is good. I will drive more to see if it is good to go for awhile. I am going to email motofine to see what they say about it.

Geos
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:41:21 PM by Geos »

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 12:08:19 PM »
thats strange man?!?!  i wonder what happened for that to occur??  my scoot is still running fine with a smaller head, running on 99 octane "unicorn piss" (the engine runs rough with normal unleaded fuel) still need to do a compression test  ::)
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

janmartinek

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 06:25:36 AM »
I upgraded my scooter to a motofine 72cc BBK. It was an easy install and it ran great for about 70miles. Then it started to bog down when i try to get past 20 mph. If i keep gasing it it will get past the bogging some times, but it takes a lot of work to get it there. I had a 85 jet in it, so i tried putting in a 90 and there was no different. I have the stock air box still on it.
Could I have lots some compression? I am using the head that came with the kit. Should i try putting the stock head back on?
I am grateful for any help.
Hello, I know this topic is old, but I came to the same issue. Upgraded to BBK 72cc and changed the main jet to #85. It ran fine for 500km, but then, suddently, the power was gone and it ran very slowly. My serviceman found that the carburetor had bad seal (sucking more air) AND the plug was black. This is a contradiction to me. Anyway, the machine runs much better now but still not as good as before. It is unclear what had happened.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()