Author Topic: Downtown Tall Windshield  (Read 9767 times)

duesouth

• View Profile
Re: Downtown Tall Windshield
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:43 PM »
Bought the Biondi. Pretty much what everyone has written about it is true. With the windshield it's more quiet on the DT, less wind, buffeting, etc.. However, I am finding that I don't like it. I don't think it looks as sporty, but knew that going in. One thing I didn't count on is, I don't like looking at the road/scenery through it. I realized I like looking over the plastic. It seems to have lost some of the feel of riding that I liked. It will make a good cold weather addition, and I'll leave it for winter months, but come spring, it'll come off. If you're only buying for the wind buffeting, I found different helmets can decrease that. My full faced helmet seems to increase the head jostling, my summer 3/4 cuts through the wind really well. Just things to contemplate if you're thinking about one.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:48:54 PM by duesouth »

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
I got a Schuberth helmet because of the buffeting on my last bike, and while it helped on that one,
it didn't help much on Downtown with it's stock screen. I'm 5'11" (180cm) btw. It's even worse for
my girlfriend behind me.

p.s. The Schuberth makes the most quiet helmets out there.

With the Biondi windscreen, I can ride at 75mph with the 3/4 helmet and visor up, and still be able
to talk to the passenger.

The looking through the windscreen was an issue for the first few days, I got used to it..
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

robbp12

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »
I agree with you Cortez, I'm 1 inch taller than you and looking through the windshield became a non issue after a couple of days. we don't have any helmet laws where I live so it's nice to be able to wear sunglasses and be able to hear scoot and passenger
2011 Orange DT300

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »
it's nice to be able to wear sunglasses and be able to hear scoot and passenger

I tried that once but without the helmet the screams from the passenger were too loud...   ;D
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

wheels

• USA, NC, Raleigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
I have always preferred looking over the windshield.  I removed the buttstop so that I could move around on the seat.  There is no way with the sloping seat that I can look over the windshield.  I am 5'7" in shoes.  I can only see over the windshield if I am all the way back and stretch my nec out. So its a choice of wind/buffeting or looking over the windshield.  I think I will get used to looking thru the windshield.
2012  DT 300i  26K miles,  Bestem 929, Biondi w/s, LED brake/tail,turn, OEM mirrors fairing mount, removed buttstop
2015  GTi300  7K miles, Bestem 929 case, PUIG TS w/s, mirrors mounted to w/s, led DRLs in windguards
2014  Honda CTX700,  35Kmiles, many mods

duesouth

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 12:27:42 AM »
Went back to the stock windshield. When it gets really cold, I'll probably put the Bondi back on. I lived with it for a few weeks but didn't get used to looking through the distortion. One other thing I noticed with the Bondi, is with the wind rushing over, it created a pressure on my helmet. It felt like someone gently pushing down on my helmet, not horrible, or unlivable, but noticeable.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 11:00:50 AM »
Went back to the stock windshield. When it gets really cold, I'll probably put the Bondi back on. I lived with it for a few weeks but didn't get used to looking through the distortion. One other thing I noticed with the Bondi, is with the wind rushing over, it created a pressure on my helmet. It felt like someone gently pushing down on my helmet, not horrible, or unlivable, but noticeable.

This is very common with tall, upright windscreens.
At speeds over 80mph you'll get a sensation that someone is pushing you forward too.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

t8thegr8t

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 05:21:35 AM »
Hey guys, any of you remember the exact biondi windshield model. im trying to track it down on uk ebay and also the canada ebay.  Is it Biondi Gilera Nexus?
I've found the Givi one and this kappa one

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/KD294ST-WINDSHIELD-KAPPA-FOR-KYMCO-DOWNTOWN-125-300I-SINCE-2009-/351126624121?hash=item51c0c71779&vxp=mtr

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 11:07:54 AM »
The Gilera Nexus one is, imagine that, for Gilera Nexus. :)
Get the Kappa.
I tried both Biondi and Kappa on mine and liked Kappa better.
Biondi is out of business (and has been for a while now).
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()