Author Topic: toys  (Read 1487 times)

skippy

• View Profile
toys
« on: September 06, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »
well over the last week all of my post has come

monday
leo vince exhaust . fitted right away. if anything its too loud. my ears ring when i go for a run and stop. through a full face helmet thats some going. needles to say i love it. neibours hate it lol. i diss like the neibours. so its all good.

wedness day
new belt came naraku hq belt. mesured it, its 1" longer than oem, 2" longer than the  gates belt i had 2 week ago that held it in a sorght of hi gear( struggled to pull away). think the naraku belt is too long this time, i think its chaffing on the case( makes a noice like a rattle of keys or something, looked tonight and a bit if belt worn down on back of belt.

thursday( today)
fitted a new torque spring 1500 rpm(black). fitted new clutch spring, not sure on rpm, they were malossi clutch springs pack came with green/red/blue put the green springs in think these are 1000rpm or 1500. weakest in the pack but much thicker than oem. a quick test drive showed improve ment. faster aceleration  and keeps revs for longer. but still on steep hills dropps to 25mph avrage hill 30mph would like a bit better still some more playing planned. have gone for 5.5gram rolers so may drop them down a bit and see. on flat she gets 45mph ish down hill 50mph which im happy with.

friday (tomorrow)
i have an open air filter to put on and a box of carb jets to play with. will try a range of 89-92 see how the reacts with plug chops

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: toys
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 09:05:43 PM »
Nice.

Yeah the Leo IS loud, my ears dont ring anymore now, either im used to mine or its made me a bit more deaf  :D i was going to wear earplugs when i ride but keep forgetting to put them in. Every day i get to work and go to get the workshop key out my bike jacket and feel the plugs in my pocket "Damn it, forgot to put them in again!". I actually got a weird buzz thro my head and a funny feeling in one ear the whole 1st week i rode with it on!!!

With the belt, longer usually gives more top end but you can sometimes lose a little take off speed. Shouldnt wear after a day or so tho  :-\ keep an eye on it.

For hills the lighter rollers with the stiffer spring will help 5.5g's amd a 1500 spring got my up all but the steepest hills at a minimum of 30mph, smaller ones i got up at 40-40+ no probs. Im on 5,1g's now which helps acceleration a lot better, 0-40mph is great but on flats i dont get much above 41-43mph, still hits just under 50 downhill tho. That suits me cos i prefer the acceleration speed and dont need to go over 40 going to work and back.

Im on a 92 jet, 88 was too lean for me, i may even try the 90 at some point when i have time. 92 came out pretty close to perfect tho at the time i tested it. Make sure you get the right jets cos some shops posted me the wrong ones, need 5mm/m5 threads on them.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »
pritty sure there the right jets Dellorto Stage6 Jets Box - 5mm 88-110 ten jets in all from ped parts £13.65. cant wate to get started on that tomorrow.only prob is not much left to do. just paint.

i like my top end speed because the roads round here are little country lanes still 40mph roads but its nice to be able to keep up with trafic.  just pity its not flat. :)

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »
friday. changed the air filter as planned. air filter hose was too small so had to make a connecting hose from filter to carb. changed the carb jet to a 90. seems ok. did a plug chop. think its ok but cant find a good guide on colour... think its ok seems light black /dry.  but will keep serching for the colour guid. will give it a good run tomorrow to work and back then check again. next project paint :D

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 09:32:18 PM »
You should check this thread from Wassonii, he has a guide link on it and an almost perfect chop with nice pics.
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7458.0

Better order up 3-4 new plugs for testing, ebay has them for £2-£3 /each which is bettet than £7/£8 from Halfords.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 04:19:00 AM »

new belt came naraku hq belt. mesured it, its 1" longer than oem

see..what did i say?? mine was longer and i could hear it slapping on the inside of the case...or summit to that effect.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 07:36:13 AM »
see..what did i say?? mine was longer and i could hear it slapping on the inside of the case...or summit to that effect.

lol i may be wrong yet. thought it was the belt making the noice but when i stripped it down yesterday found there was the breather hose retaining strap was lose. think that may have made the noice but the belt is a little worn on top about 3mm across on one side so will keep an eye on it. take here out today and see if noice has gone.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »
think that may have made the noice but the belt is a little worn on top about 3mm across on one side

Those 3 millimeters are probably the area where the belt has touched the starter bendix... It's quite a common problem with race variators which push the belt up real high, so it's probably not so strange to see this occurring with a longer belt as well...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:07:10 PM by mono »

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 08:58:59 PM »
Those 3 millimeters are probably the area where the belt has touched the starter bendix... It's quite a common problem with race variators which push the belt up real high, so it's probably not so strange to see this occurring with a longer belt as well...

i think yoy may be right mono will keep an eye on it.

to be honist after all the mods done she dont seem much diffrent to when i just changed the variator and boss for a cheep set at £17.50 off ebay. and a race cdi. keep thinking weather to buy the multivator just to see if that does anything.

list of things done....
race cdi with  ADJUSTABLE ignition curve...
cheep variator and boss...
roler weight set. at mo 5.5g...
torque spring 1500
clutch springs 1500
narkau hq drive belt...
leo vince exhaust....
after market air filter....
carb jet 90( plug chop is good but may try a 92 jet see if i can get perfect reading)...
just done oil change for fully sinthetic...
gear oil change...
new spark plug....
i think thats everthing

always leave engine running 10 min befor a ride.on take off its good to 20mph, then i have a slight incline up hill (but to look at its allmost flat ) it takes 1/4 mile to travle along this top speed is 30mph. then a junction so a near stop. another 1/4 mile gets to 30mph. another junction. the next step is a steep down hill slope 50 meters long at the start then is a good mile flat with a . on the flat it gets 45 mph ish. the rest is down hill steep. it gets 50mph.

in reverse coming back up the steep hill it does 20-27 max. on the flat 40-45, untill that short hill does 20-23mph the rest of the trip it gets 35-40.

im not expecting lots but hoped after all the mods that she would not go below 30mph( hoped when she got to 30 she would stay there.)

when i did the cdi and the boss it seemed almost the same as it does now( by that i meen i think its exactly the same ) been sort at talking my self into thinking its changed. am i missing somthing does this sound right?

rant over :-\

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »
Could be the jetting isnt perfect yet. If its a jet too big or small it can have a real difference to how it runs, top speed and acceleration can both be down.

You could go back to the stock airbox and 82 jet to compare if its better. Took me 3-6 months on and off to get my jet right.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 07:08:57 AM »
did a plug chop and its near to perfect. could maybe do one sise bigger but think that would take it to being just over.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()