Author Topic: New 2013 Agility 50 not as fast as old.....  (Read 5812 times)

emale617

• View Profile
New 2013 Agility 50 not as fast as old.....
« on: September 09, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »
I owned a 2006 agility 50 and did the boss, and the CDI thing. After many months the dealer replaced the carburetor. I mentioned I wanted more speed and it was a great scoot. Dealer would never tell me what they did. Power was way up, and gas mileage shot up about 125 mpg....that's adjusted from kilometers. I ran for six years with over 10,000 kilometers on the odometer things were starting to fail. Blinkers, hard starting, front shocks were weak...saddle was thin. I decided to trade it in for a new 2013. I asked the dealer for the non-restricted boss and carb jet that comes with each new Kymco scooter. They gave it to me.
On my new bike I removed the three main restrictions..only had an issue with the CDI....I cut and cut and did not find the wire. I replaced with an adjustable CDI from EBay. While there is no rev limiter it doesn't rev as much as my old scooter. I have a question to other owners....I remember I brought the idle speed up and had another adjustment opposite the idle which I thought was a top speed adjustment. My new scoot has only an idle adjustment and turn the throttle speed to max....it's metal to metal stop on the throttle cable down near the carb. Seems different  than it was. Also my old scoot would make this really nice "singing" sound when it ran at top speed...I called it my turbo. I well knew it wasn't.
Driving at 45 mph on my old scoot would not slow down on minor uphill changes as long I didn't let off the throttle.
I will push the dealer to look up the changes on my single shop visit on my old scoot.

Thanks, See you on the road....

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
Re: New 2013 Agility 50 not as fast as old.....
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »
There are soooooo many hidden restrictions on the new Kymco scoots it makes me sick. Air box, shorter than normal belts, restricted rear driven pulleys ........
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 11:24:45 PM »
Yeah, it seems the newer ones are not as fast or responsive to tuning as the older ones. Wordslingers 2008 worked a lot better before he fitted a new engine to it, then it didnt perform as well as before im sure.

They ruin everything. Im just happy my 2008 is still going good with 23,000km's+ on it  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »
Same over here, my 2010 Agility was also not as quick as my 2006 one...

But I fixed that - a nice 85cc BBK did the job that Kymco wouldn't do...  ;D

Another thing : has anyone else noticed an overall decline in quality of materials and finish with the new Kymcos compared to the older ones ?

I swapped quite some parts from my 2006 Agility to the newer 2010 because those older parts were still in better shape and better within specs than the newer ones... I'm also under the impression that a lot of parts are made from inferior materials compared to before, not only from their looks, but also from accidentally breaking some little things that I could never break on the old Agility...

Time to move on to Sym or Honda for my next scoot ?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:46:36 PM by mono »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »
I would go with honda befor I do the sym scoots. most of the sym scoots I have seen have week cranks in theam and they blow the sec. you do any mods to theam..........

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 05:34:21 AM »
I would go with honda befor I do the sym scoots. most of the sym scoots I have seen have week cranks in theam and they blow the sec. you do any mods to theam..........

Yes, and since Sym is more expensive than Kymco, it's best to buy Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, or Kawasaki.

I'm just curious guys... these are the other small scooter  (115cc - 125cc 4t) choices in our country and I'm wondering if you also have these in your respective countries...

Honda Beat

Yamaha Mio

Suzuki Sky Drive

Kawasaki Curve

These are the competitors of the Agility 125 here....

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:38:08 AM by Vivo »

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 10:11:03 AM »
Its got to be a 50cc for many here vivo if driving on restricted license or due to age.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »
Same over here...

I'm quite happy with the power of a 50cc scoot upgraded to 85cc, and this is something we can get away with for most of the time...

But when we want to drive a 125cc, we have to get a full motorcycle license, which costs a lot of money, time and frustration (3 exams at least, even when you already have a license for car) And if one goes trough all the trouble for a full license, one could as well buy a larger bike, since you don't want to leave the city with a 125cc in our traffic...

So strictly 50cc scoots, what are the best options quality wise ?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
Yeah Mono, i fancy the 72cc kit eventually, that would make it perfect for commuting. Its almost perfect now apart from the hills, 72cc's would fix that. My son is 15 so i said he can have it to use next year at 16, will leave it at a 50cc till he has a bit of a practice on it.

Im part way into doing my full test. Had a car licence for 19 yrs but i still need to do a theory test ??? Then i have a 2 part riding test, must pass both parts. Did my CBT last month which now allows me to ride upto a 125cc on Learner plates. Got my 125cc Vespa finished off so i want to ride that mostly. Keep the Kymco for real bad weather days. All in the tests will cost me around £300 but i want it before the laws change in Europe, then we need another test if you wamt to ride over 400cc, whereas if i pass before Jan 2013 then i can ride any cc bike after 2yrs of passing my test.

Loving the Vespa, its like a ferrari, accelerates like a maniac, almost throws you off the back seat  :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 09:30:39 PM »
they all look nice but do some resurch on how hard it is to get parts. And dont take the dealers word for it they well say anything for a sale......... if you go with the sym the rough horse is a good 2 stroke.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 09:36:09 PM »
And dont take the dealers word for it they well say anything for a sale.......

lol not all blue .im a salesman. rather the coustemer was happy than to get a sale. also im not on comition lol that helps...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 02:11:47 AM »
Oh, I get your point guys. First of all, we don't have 50ccs here anymore, the smallest here is 70cc 4t and secondly there are no restrictions here in drivers license when it comes to motorcycles. You can ride a 50cc or 1000cc with the same license. And Blue, parts are never a problem here for all those brands and some models are even assembled here to have lower taxes and lower retail prices. I went to a Kymco dealer last week to buy an original belt, asked about parts and they have everything including plastic panels, original seat, original decals, etc.

JC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 05:19:43 AM »
I owned a 2006 agility 50 and did the boss, and the CDI thing. After many months the dealer replaced the carburetor. I mentioned I wanted more speed and it was a great scoot. Dealer would never tell me what they did. Power was way up, and gas mileage shot up about 125 mpg....that's adjusted from kilometers. I ran for six years with over 10,000 kilometers on the odometer things were starting to fail. Blinkers, hard starting, front shocks were weak...saddle was thin. I decided to trade it in for a new 2013. I asked the dealer for the non-restricted boss and carb jet that comes with each new Kymco scooter. They gave it to me.
On my new bike I removed the three main restrictions..only had an issue with the CDI....I cut and cut and did not find the wire. I replaced with an adjustable CDI from EBay. While there is no rev limiter it doesn't rev as much as my old scooter. I have a question to other owners....I remember I brought the idle speed up and had another adjustment opposite the idle which I thought was a top speed adjustment. My new scoot has only an idle adjustment and turn the throttle speed to max....it's metal to metal stop on the throttle cable down near the carb. Seems different  than it was. Also my old scoot would make this really nice "singing" sound when it ran at top speed...I called it my turbo. I well knew it wasn't.
Driving at 45 mph on my old scoot would not slow down on minor uphill changes as long I didn't let off the throttle.
I will push the dealer to look up the changes on my single shop visit on my old scoot.

Thanks, See you on the road....

So trying to cut into the Cdi is pointless? And doing "the big three" mods won't de-restrict the 2013s? Should I just bbk it now? Ugh...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 08:09:57 AM »
Doing the usual 3 mods WILL derestrict it, we're just saying that newer ones dont seem yo be a peppy as the older ones for some reason. According to Kymco UK ALL Agility 50's leave the factory with the same restricted CDI's.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

JC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »
Thanks streido, I'm familiar with the board format as I am a member of totalruckus.com. I have read a lot so far and have found different info as to how to derestrict (cutting wires etc). Was your guide to derestrict the best way to to do this?  I have a 2013 and I'm just wondering if the cdi is the same. I was also looking on eBay for the cdis and found a stage 6 one for $30 us. I may go that route just to save the factory cdi in case I goof. Thoughts?

Great knowledge/input btw on your setup

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()