Author Topic: 2006 agility kick start problem/flat battery  (Read 2618 times)

swatts

• View Profile
2006 agility kick start problem/flat battery
« on: September 09, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »
Hi, New member here and new scooter rider looking for a little advice. I bought a kymco agility 50cc with a dead battery today but it was charged a bit before I got it and would kick start but not start from the switch, the starter never even clicked. When I took it home I left it for a few hours and then went out to kick start it and it won't start now. Does the kymcos need some sort of power in order to kick start? Thanks!

emale617

• View Profile
Re: 2006 agility kick start problem/flat battery
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »

I do know the answer to this one...
Most scooters have a DC CDI, Agility 50's use an AC CDI.
Battery power is needed to kick start.
I checked my old scoot years ago by disconnecting the battery.
It would not start.

My old battery lasted right up until now.
Scoot was always kept outside.
I would bring the battery in for the winter, and charge it just once in the middle of winter.

You may be able to get a number "4" battery at Walmart...I'm sure it would work. But the Agility I think is a number 5 a larger and better size...and should be strong for years.

swatts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 11:25:39 PM »
Thanks for replying, you've put my mind to rest  ;D I was getting worried as someone told me I didn't need battery power to kick and was thinking about possible carb or coil issues.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 11:32:29 PM »
Def dont need a battery to kick start. Sometimes if its not been used for a while, week or so, it wont start with the kick, least mine wont, needs electric start to fire then. Once its been running a bit then its normally fine for me.

You are holding in the brake tho when kicking i take it?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

swatts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 11:48:04 PM »
I wasn't holding the left brake now I come to think of it and it was on its stand. Would that give more compression or something? I don't know much about scooters.  ???

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 11:54:39 PM »
Def dont need a battery to kick start. Sometimes if its not been used for a while, week or so, it wont start with the kick, least mine wont, needs electric start to fire then. Once its been running a bit then its normally fine for me.

You are holding in the brake tho when kicking i take it?

I have to make a argument on this one. Mine wont kick start with out a battery but well with.
ac and dc makes a big dif on theses scoots. my chineese scoot is ac and well kick over with out a battery.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 12:03:38 AM »
I have to make a argument on this one. Mine wont kick start with out a battery but well with.
ac and dc makes a big dif on theses scoots. my chineese scoot is ac and well kick over with out a battery.

Well mine has kicked over in the past when the battery was too flat the electric start it?

Sometimes it floods the plug tho if you kick too much and it doesnt catch. Then it wont start till it dries off.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()