Author Topic: varaitor blown up  (Read 6232 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: varaitor blown up
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 09:22:28 PM »
there is a liquid metal they make for motors I think its made by lock tight it comes in may colors for the strength you need. and also a silver metal tape that they put on mufflers might work that can handle heat.but its got to handle the pressure too.   Good luck

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »
thanks blue i may need it. :-\

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 10:14:16 PM »
Ahem.... ::).............. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kymco-Agility-50-Complete-Engine-Crank-Case-Casing-Cover-2008-/261066921210?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cc8cd14fa&_uhb=1

Just sayin.....for a tenner? Lot of work involved to strip it down and rebuild it could be an xmas holiday project if you have a garage and the know how? Or keep checking ebay, sooner or later you'll pick up a complete engine for £99 or less.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 10:25:13 PM »
Ahem.... ::).............. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kymco-Agility-50-Complete-Engine-Crank-Case-Casing-Cover-2008-/261066921210?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3cc8cd14fa&_uhb=1

Just sayin.....for a tenner? Lot of work involved to strip it down and rebuild it could be an xmas holiday project if you have a garage and the know how? Or keep checking ebay, sooner or later you'll pick up a complete engine for £99 or less.

will have a closer look at that tomorrow. thought that part was one pice with the clutch,  or is it  the fly wheel side ? im looking at the rods that go into the head.but could be looking either way. if looking in side out...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 10:33:27 PM »
I think its the right bit, took me a bit to get my head round it but yes, think its looking from inside out, that big hole is where the crank comes out im sure so thats beside where yours is cracked.

Other side is there too http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kymco-Agility-50-Scooter-RH-Side-Rear-Engine-Casing-4-Stroke-2008-/350581907318?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item51a04f5f76&_uhb=1

Might be worth buying and if you can seal the original then at least you have a spare there. Just seems cheap at £10.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »
you might be right, worth a pun.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 10:49:24 PM »
Maybe search youtube to get an idea how hard it is to do? Or pm Zombie and ask if its a big job and how difficult it is?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 10:53:54 PM »
just looked up on Kymco Agility 50 EN that part is where the oil pump goes, behind the fly wheel. on the pic you can also make out the back of the starter motor. :'(

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »
Ah well. Keep looking, one will turn up and hopefully you can find an easier solution before then anyway so you may not need to strip it down. Best solution would be weldor braise a plate over it if poss.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »
think thats what i will do. if you look on Kymco Agility 50 EN at the bottom. on section 11 crankcase/ crankshaft. you will see a pick. its all one piece( the case) so will be crank out ect. but on the pick you can see the cam chain tensioner slipper bolt. ( just under the starter bendix and above the crank seal.)its around there that is a hole. looks like that bolt that is where the oil leak is.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 12:50:46 AM »
That might be the part. I just saw this..... So maybe the case splits. Have a look inside yours and see if you see it. Must come apart somehow? This brand new part is £24 i think.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:24 AM »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »
That might be the part. I just saw this..... So maybe the case splits. Have a look inside yours and see if you see it. Must come apart somehow? This brand new part is £24 i think.

I have that part from a spare chinese motor.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2012, 07:39:45 AM »
no its the left hand i need. one unit like the cvt cover. that is one cast block consisting the varaitor to the clutch. its that peice that has gone.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2012, 05:08:44 PM »
good news new narkau variator has come this morning at 8.30 just befor work... not bad for saying i only ordered the afternoon befor.less than 19 hours to arive and that was just normal post im shocked...
 looks realy well made ramps look alot steeper than the last one. and with the slightly shorter boss should do the job

just belt to sorce now... will go hunting for one tomorrow as i have swoped days off

if i get an energy birst i will fit it tonight. ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()