Author Topic: varaitor blown up  (Read 6230 times)

skippy

• View Profile
Re: varaitor blown up
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
If it is like you said then you may be fu©ked.

Up to you i s'pose, bummer to get all new parts on it and it decides to go all broke on you  :(

The price he quoted to weld it is ok and the labour costs dont sound expensive for stripping down an engine.

yer ive bit the bullet took 5 min to take out.

looked at the crank case dont think its just a case of splitting from bottom or i would have.

taken it back to the shop. he will let me know if its worth welding or just change for a doner case.

dont know what the £105 intales as would have thought he would have to renew seals and gaskets etc. hope thets all in the price and not on top. will find out next week when he starts on it.

feel like my legs cut off already...
had some nice scoots in there. lots of vespas old reconditioned£3500 and ones for sale to restore.£500 some nice scudarias too £899 new....

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »
had some nice scoots in there. lots of vespas old reconditioned£3500 and ones for sale to restore.£500 some nice scudarias too £899 new

Sounds like someones got ideas?  :D

Theres a place up here does old vespas with brand new engines in them for about £2500-£3500 on the road, painted any colour you like. Just sayin  ::);)

I've just been out on mine for an hr and a half, had to force myself to come in. Hit 110km/hr on the dual carriageway and had to ease off cos i was crapping myself  :D Think thats about 60/65mph. That thing scares me everytime i go on it  :o Its all good fun tho.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2012, 08:55:32 PM »
lol.. i know what you mean..... fast cars i loved them... so exciting every time you go out... then soft tops. not as fast but when there is no roof 80mph feels like 150mph.... prob with all fast cars is..the last fue years to many cars on the road camras, etc...what is the point in a fast car if you cant go fast.
 so i decided to get a scoot. save money. best thing i ever did. every ride on it scairs me... not the bike as sutch but all the planks that pull out infront or try to push me of the road. on the bike it cant reach high speads but 45-50 on a scoot feels faster....

forgot to say after the repairs the other day although she was leaking oil. with the new varaitor she was running perfect. 35-40 up hill all the way to work and back home again. top speed still 50mph on speedo. cant wate to get her back.

i would like a vespa or something like but restricted to a 50cc on car licence. if there was just a test to ride a 125cc i would take it like a cbt type thing.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »
You can sit a moped/twist & go scooter test im sure on a 125cc to get a license, means ypu cant ride geared bikes but save you doing a cbt every 2 yrs.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 07:38:27 AM »
that sounds good will ask at local training school thanks streido

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »
I had a look and i think i was wrong. You can sit a moped test but that just lets you ride a 50cc without L plates and you can carry passengers etc, but i can already do this anyway on my car license. Next step is the A1 test where you get a restricted license and can ride a 125cc with no L plates and can take passengers. Then the full A test lets you ride anything after 2 yrs of passing the test. Laws change in Jan 2013 so you loose the free upgrade after 2 yrs. Im goin to try sit my test Nov/Dec this year if poss before the changes coke in.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 07:24:04 PM »
so what is involved in the a1 test? read the wright ups but seem vague? last test i took was driving class 2 for rigid lorries. was really hard took it twice then gave up.. was so hard to pass but was told that not many people pass it. 1 in 20 people ish.
 would love to do the full test but cant justifie the price. not when it would just be for fun. but as i said dont think i would ever have a bike 125cc would be enough for me.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 08:56:05 PM »
I know my bro did his full access bike test so he can ride any size bike straight away and he said he sat 2parts. 1st part was just riding around in the test centre showing you could figure of 8 and salom thro cones etc then they ask you basic maintenance stuff about yourbike. He had to pass that, sounded kinda like a bigger cbt i thk, then next day he did another test to pass the 2nd part he said.

Im hopefully going to sit my theory test in the next month or so then book an assessment lesson to see if the instructor think i will passthe test or he can tell me if im doing anything wrong. Then i want to pass my test before xmas if poss. I'll let you kniw more when i aply for it, got all the stuff somewhere about it. Think you can do just a 125 test tho. Im sitting it on my Vespa once i get more used to it

The Vespa i have is the only model of scooter allowed, thats why i got this one. It must be a.geared 125cc capable of doing at least 65mph.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:57 PM »
sounds fun. well if its any help the theory test on hgv was real easy as was the hazzard perseption test. i would have thought thoughs parts are simular.  just down to the main test and the tester on the day. good luck.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()