Author Topic: Anyone used and air bag safety vest?  (Read 1463 times)

duesouth

• View Profile
Anyone used and air bag safety vest?
« on: September 19, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »
Curious about these. Normally I ride with a Acerbis pressure suit for me and my honey. Works great for both street and off road riding. I have two complaints. Even though it's mesh, it gets hot on really hot days (90F +). The other is the lack of neck support. Stumbled across this on my local news. Looks like a good alternative on hot days. And I wouldn't look like TRON when walking into a store.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22091267&nid=148&title=air-bag-for-motorcyclists-protects-cottonwood-heights-police&s_cid=queue-17

It's costs some, $450us. Has an optional spine protector. http://www.hitairusa.com/lineup/

Maybe next summer, as my wallet is a bit lighter after ordering a larger windscreen and passenger backrest.

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
Re: Anyone used and air bag safety vest?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 03:36:02 AM »
That looks really awesome.  The only thing that would mess me up is forgetting to unplug myself before getting off my scoot...  I could just see stopping off quick at the store, hopping off while I was still plugged in and then tripping the rip cord.   HAHAHAHAHAHA  I'd sh** myself.
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

duesouth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 05:58:20 AM »
They thought of that too, you can buy replacement canisters...No plan on how to reload your wounded ego. Would be funny to see, bet you could get some conversations going over it.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:31:25 AM »
They thought of that too, you can buy replacement canisters...No plan on how to reload your wounded ego. Would be funny to see, bet you could get some conversations going over it.

Wounded ego? that's what a full-face tinted helmet is for... so no one will recognize you..;D

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 02:51:22 AM »
Wounded ego? that's what a full-face tinted helmet is for... so no one will recognize you..;D

HAHAHAHAHA - well, I'm such a klutz that my ego has kind of learned to expect sh*t like that...   ;D
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()