Author Topic: Great Scooter Seat Cushion!  (Read 8403 times)

Ronnath

• View Profile
Re: Great Scooter Seat Cushion!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »
tried the wood beads on the majesty i had. found them uncomfortable, but then that's just my butt speaking.

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
Pimp: That Amazon "Airhawk" set-up you posted (I LOVE Amazon BTW) doesn't include free shipping BTW. It's like $12.00+ for shipping depending where you live. Just an FYI. 
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041CG336/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0041CG336&linkCode=as2&tag=kinderinfocom-20

It shows Price: $77.24 with free shipping for me still from Orange Custom Cycle.  It also shows three other options for under $80 with free shipping for me. Not sure why you would get a different price.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 10:37:16 PM »

Guys,
You are going about this the wrong way - instead of making yours seats softer, you need to make your butts harder.  Take it from me, I grew up riding horses, and after hours in the saddle,  a few hours on a kymco seat brings back fond memories.  By the way, MassScoot, if your ass feels great, do the rest of us get to feel it...I'm always up for feeling a great ass.  Sorry guys....I tried to resist....I really did :).

I thought I would post this in the "General" forum. I received my seat cushion for my Kymco GT300i on Friday. As most of you know, Kymco has never really made a soft seat (IMHO) I have an older AirVent (no longer in business) seat cushion that was decent, but not great either. I went with a large @ 14"x11" Fits my scoot fairly well. It looks very well made. The outside is made of neoprene & has memory foam & 3/4" of gel. With my frame @ 225lbs. (keep the fat jokes coming!), it works like a CHAMP! Before the football games yesterday, I took a appx. 75 mile trip & I must admit my ass felt great after I put my GT300i on it's center stand @ homebase. They are not cheap. I paid $89.95, plus $12.95 for shipping. For the $100.00+ investment, it's worth it! Just thought I would pass this along.

http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 01:20:03 AM »
lol you guys have a soft ass,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I have always been told to grow a pair and get some back bone.
Now Im learning to get a hard ass and just face it and ride.............

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 01:54:04 AM »
Good for you bleys you grew up riding a horse... what about us guys who grew up riding a limo?... ::) ::) Just joking.... 

I think it's not a question of cushioning your butt but the way the seat conforms and supports your butt... I'd like a firm and ergonomic seat for more control of the scoot...instead of a soft seat...

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 10:50:35 AM »
Guys,
You are going about this the wrong way - instead of making yours seats softer, you need to make your butts harder.  Take it from me, I grew up riding horses, and after hours in the saddle,  a few hours on a kymco seat brings back fond memories.  By the way, MassScoot, if your ass feels great, do the rest of us get to feel it...I'm always up for feeling a great ass.  Sorry guys....I tried to resist....I really did :).

I don't know how to reply to this! Bleys...If you're a women, then yes help yourself!

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041CG336/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0041CG336&linkCode=as2&tag=kinderinfocom-20

It shows Price: $77.24 with free shipping for me still from Orange Custom Cycle.  It also shows three other options for under $80 with free shipping for me. Not sure why you would get a different price.

Pimp: That's strange. Mine is $77.75 @ being sold by "Indysuperbikes" with shipping.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »
go have surgery and get some jel implants.......lol................

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 03:40:41 PM »
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »
No, MassScoot, I am not a woman, I just have a twisted sense of humor.  Unless you are a woman, and then yeah, I am up for stealing a feel...just don't tell my wife.:)
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2014 Honda CTX700N

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 01:21:25 AM »
Pasture Eye Candy.
Cinnamon is a 5 year old "green broke", double registered, (Tenn Walking Horse and Racking Horse) and Lazer is a 20+ year old retired registered Arabian. I've owned horses all my life. What brought me the most pleasure was riding in the Field Trials on week-ends. "Sterling's Candyman" was my precious 35 year old Missouri Fox Trotter. He had to be put down winter before last and maintains a position of ultimate respect resting under the Hawthorne tree out in the back pasture. Next to his lifelong friend, Bailey the Golden Retriever. I still grieve for him. Now the last two out there, (Cinnamon and Lazer), are safe pets when my darling grandkids vist. Grand daddy can put them on their backs and give rides all afternoon. I don't know who delights in this more, the children or grand daddy. Now back to topic; my two favorite
saddles throughout my extensive equestrian experience are both Australian Stock Saddles, one with horn and one without. What I liked was the design; very deep seat with large "Mickey Mouse ears" at the cantle so that if the horse came to an abrupt stop the cantle would keep you seated. That same design is what I would like to find in my scooter seat. The one you showed us Masscoot matches that design and when I get my bike back that's what I'm getting. Thanks for listening to all this. Your friend
Mike

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 01:29:30 AM »
We had a race horse once... name was "Excuse Me"  ;D 

bleys

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 09:50:45 PM »
Have to agree with you, Mike.  Saddles are well designed and the best ones, although firm are very comfortable.  I had a great cutting saddle that had grooves to create friction for sharp turns and sudden stops but was still very comfortable.  Trust me, when a quarter horse wants to change speed or stop, you need some traction.  I've yet to find anything that corners better or stops faster.  And very few modes of transportation take off from a dead stop faster.  Been riding since I was 2 and I can't count how many times I've gone over the head of a quarter horse stopping - I owned one that would stop whenever it thought I wasn't paying attention...who says horses don't have a sense of humor...this one sure knew how to laugh.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2014 Honda CTX700N

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 01:42:23 AM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()