Author Topic: Jet sizes...  (Read 841 times)

bmr_bhoy

• View Profile
Jet sizes...
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:39:17 PM »
Hi guys,

Newbie here from outskirts of Glasgow (Scotland).

I was wondering maybe someone on here could help me regarding de-restricting my scooter.
The carb jets, i read somewhere that size 82 is to be used, but what if you have bigger jets? I have size 92, what kind of difference does that make?
Will it make it go faster/slower?
Will i be burning more fuel?
Or i am just best using size 82?

All help/info much appreciated!

Sam.

skippy

• View Profile
Re: Jet sizes...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 05:14:43 PM »
stick to 82 jet. that is the best mix of air to fuel.... if you go to high then it will run rich and lose proformance, economy will go gown, engine will bog down etc.
if run to lean then the same but may damage the engine run hot etc.its all about the balance of fuel to air.
if you do more mods ie... bbk or open k&n filter then you will need to go bigger on carb jet to get the balance of fuel and air may be 90 jet then or higher...
 for now keep it simple. stick to 82 jet and compleat the derestriction guide, then decide to change jetting etc...

sure streido will be along soon with his derestriction link and welcome

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=6198.0
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:18:36 PM by skippy »

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 09:02:29 PM »
sure streido will be along soon with his derestriction link and welcome 

Someone say something?  :D

Yeah, what Skippy said. 82 is all you need. You can get jets at most scooter shops but they might need to order one for you.
I got one from Ride On over near Shawlands, they had them in stock for a couple of quid. Make sure its a 5mm or M5 thread cos they sold me the wrong one 1st time so i had to drive back over again and swap it cos i had the carb apart and didnt want to put it all back together just to take it apart again.

Good to see some more Scots on here, even better youre Glaswegian  ;D Where abouts in Glasgow are you? Your prob near me, im in Bishopbriggs.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

bmr_bhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 04:43:03 PM »
Cheers guys,
I got size 82 jet from eBay just in case.

@streido, I'm actually from Bellshill...I bought the wee scooter last Xmas as a present for bro-in-law. But wee sh** lost interest after a few weeks!

So I'm not letting it go to waste lol. I'm going to brave our weather n use it daily for work lol. It will be cheaper than driving my Discovery every day.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »
Thats why i bought mine, went from £30/wk in petrol to £5/wk and no probs getting parked or waiting in traffic queues. Use mine almkst every day, only missed a couple of wks due to snow/ice last Jan.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()