Author Topic: AirLess Tires  (Read 1158 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
AirLess Tires
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:19:20 AM »
The future tire?... air-less tire  Whatever happened to this?? this was revealed in 2005..., 7 years ago...  

According to Michelin...

"Michelin Airless scooter is a wheel which comprises both radial and circumferential architecture. The "radial" is made up of reinforcements made from high performance and elastomer composite products. They are highly flexible in order to absorb shocks and are rigid enough to carry the weight of the scooter and its passengers. The circumferential architecture, made up of traditional tread strip (like a tire) and composite reinforcements, ensures excellent grip. Finally, the curved shape of the Michelin Airless scooter wheel enables it to bend when the vehicle is negotiating corners.
There is no more need to check the tire pressure, and no more punctures – the Michelin Airless scooter tire enables comfortable travel without any pressure! This innovation in mobility still requires a few more years' research before going on sale."

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:22:27 AM by Vivo »

gn2

• View Profile
Re: AirLess Tires
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
Check the date on that press release, was it the first of April...?  :)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »
Check the date on that press release, was it the first of April...?  :)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »

;D ;)
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »
I just remembered my wife's wheelbarrow has a green solid spongy puncture proof tyre, so I Googled it and found this: http://www.greentyre.co.uk/index.html

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()