Author Topic: Agility 50 parts or a tool?  (Read 1993 times)

Agility50toy

• View Profile
Agility 50 parts or a tool?
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:32:01 AM »
So I got a 2010 Agility 50 the other day and today I went and got the unrestricted boss and the bigger main jet. the boss came with a metal circle about the diameter of the boss with three legs each with the same bend in them. Is this a part that should be installed with the boss or just a tool to aid in putting it in? Thanks! Steve (Fat dude with a slow scoot)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 02:36:48 AM by Agility50toy »

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 50 parts or a tool?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 03:24:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum  :)

You're going to have to explain this thing a little better. Never heard of anything like this. The new boss should be a cylinder shape bushing with a shaft hole through it. The outer diameter of the bushing should all be the same diameter.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Agility50toy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:23:04 AM »
Yeah sorry about that. The new boss is in fact all smooth, and the same the size the whole length. The part that I am asking about is seperate, but came with the new boss and jet. Looks like if you bent the three ends up that it could be a lock washer for the big nut that holds the bushing on? (do they have one, have not poked it with a wrench yet) Not sure. Thanks for your reply! Also I was wondering if they make a K&N filter for these?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 09:44:24 AM »
No idea wtf that thing is ??? Can you post a pic?

All you need is the boss and main jet, cutting the cdi wire is optional.

Heres a guide i made up a while ago for derestricting an A50, just in case you need it ......

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=6198.0
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Agility50toy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 10:04:39 PM »
I called the place where I bought it from and they said that they don't know what it is either. Oh well, so I put the POS boss without raised hump in the main drive and now I only have what seems like the low gear only. What did I do wrong? There was a little washer thingy that fell on the ground when I took the belt off and I put it back under the main nut. Should it go on the back side of the thing that the main nut hold on instead? I am about to google an expanded view of the thing now.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 10:13:22 PM »
Could be you jammed the belt between the inner and outer faces when you refitted the variator?

Sounds like the variator is stuck tho and not getting thrown out by the rollers? Did it go back on ok or did it feel real stiff or anything?

Yeah the washer goes behind the nut on the outside of the variator.

If its not jammed the maybe the torque drive is stuck, they need a grease every now and again.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Agility50toy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 10:42:20 PM »
I cleaned everything real well when I was in there should I have put some grease inside the variator where it slides back and fourth on the new Boss. It seemed like that would make the belt slip or I would have done it. Also I took the thing at the back that has the little White roller thingys apart and cleaned it could I have screwed that up? Thanks! Steve (Fat dude with an even slower scoot!)

Agility50toy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »
Where is the torque drive and how/where should I grease it? I really like to do any service on stuff 110% so I don't mind going the extra mile.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 03:33:05 AM »
You have a front pulley and a rear pulley. The front one is where the boss is, the rear pulley is the torque driver. There are needle bearings in the rear that should be greased but unless the scoot has lots of miles and has never been greased don't worry about it. You're correct in not putting grease on the boss. A very very light coat is ok but too much will cause things to slip. The white roller things are most likely the roller weights. That's most likely the reason you feel like it's stuck in low gear. Take it back apart and make sure they are seated in the variator and the backing plate slides in and out freely.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 12:14:38 PM »
Like Peters said, you dont grease the variator boss, not at all, it operates dry.

The torque drive is on the rear pulley, the large torque spring sits on it, its on the drive face that moves in and out. Just pull off the top cover, remove the 3 pins/little grub locator things and then disassemble the rear pulley. You grease behind the cover and around the locator pins etc then refit it all. The cover has to twist when the spring compresses. Hard to explain, if i find a vid or diagram later i'll post it up.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Agility50toy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 11:25:07 PM »
Not gona grease the back thingy as this scoot only has 4000 is this KM or Miles on these? I might have put the back plate on the variator backwards, it is cupped like a bowl, does the back plate on the variatior face away from me like a catchers mit or towards me? Thanks for all the help! Also I will change the oil often and add fuel cleaner and all but roughly how many miles (or is it KM) do these get before the motor quits? This one is like new and I plan to keep it for a while. (If I don't screw it up dicking with it!) Thanks! Steve  
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:44:10 PM by Agility50toy »

Agility50toy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »
gona flip it over and see for my self I guess....here goes nothin'!

Agility50toy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 04:53:58 PM »
Well I got it, it was backwards, I feel bout stupid now (I am blaming that one on ol JD).... BUT...It is faster now! It hits 40mph with me on it and 44 with my smaller neighbor on it. I am about to take the carb off and put the bigger main jet in it. I took this screw out of the side of the tail pipe so now I have a hole about twice the diameter of a BB that free flows before the muffler. It is not noticeably louder tho. So if I add more fuel (with the new bigger main jet I am about to install), and the tailpipe flowing slightly better (from the hole where the screw used to be), it seems like I will also want to add some more air to the mix. Where is the air/fuel mix on these carbs? I had planned to get it running and then set it, is that the best way? How do I know what mix I want or currently have? Thanks again for all the help guys! I will only work on it sober from now on! lol

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()