Author Topic: Good News!  (Read 981 times)

Mike Green

• View Profile
Good News!
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
Finally... some good news. The dealership picked up my damaged 500 Tuesday. The insurance adjuster had instructed them to send an estimate and "fix what needs fixing". So in talking to the dealer I was showing him a pretty big piece of scrape in the rear and said something to the effect that this would require some filling in and sanding. His response was that they did no "body work". If a body part was damaged they did not repair it, they "replaced it". So it looks like I will get an "as new" scoot. I also remarked that this would take a long time and he said, "no, about 2 weeks at most". He went on to say that they had a large warehouse with body parts in Spartanburg, S.C. So I'm very grateful for how all this has turned out... the physical injuries and my ability to recover and the scooter damage and everything repaired.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Good News!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 01:57:42 AM »
What about the Angels who came to your rescue...did you ever see them again? Just curious...

When I was in 4th grade, my brother and I got into a car accident...Immediately, a white car stopped and opened its doors, I sat in, our chauffeur carrying my unconscious brother sat in, the car brought us to the hospital, we went out and the car left. Never saw that car or man again...

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 07:10:52 PM »
What a story Vivo,
Fortunately my angels live about two miles from me and I've gone by once and he was out of town, (the father), he drives an interstate 18 wheeler and when he's at home he parks his tractor cab in front of his house. So I've been looking for his truck. Gratitude is a big part of my life and I owe this man and his son dearly for their kindness. I will not forget.
Thanks,
Mike

we is

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 06:19:48 AM »
I ordered the full front fairing after son  dumped the bike.   arrived inside a week, and very easy to install myself.   front fairing was  $140 if i remember correctly.

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
Hi we is,
I wish I had gone that route myself but there was so much more damage to other body parts that I thought placing a claim om my auto insurance and letting the dealer handle it seemed so much more convenient and efficient.
Mike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()