Author Topic: agility 50 problems :(  (Read 21495 times)

skippy

• View Profile
Re: agility 50 problems :(
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
thats the one. it only seems to hold on one thred. i have a scrap agility 50 for parts so took the starter motor of that one and swoped as the other one was a little thinner on bolt plate. and the bolts off that one.now it just tightens up enough to hold. i uesd a long 8mm socket and 2 exstention bars to a ratchet. and went over the exhaust through to the bolt. ran today and all was good. runs like a dream.

its worth a check but as i said in the dark i could see it sparking. :o

matthew_addison

• 09 ag 50, 12800km. needs help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2012, 10:15:23 AM »
Yes it does seem to, looks like I'm gonna have to buy a new socket set then with more extensions, as mine has 1 and has seen better days!

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2012, 09:33:44 PM »
or you could take carb out. and do it that way.

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2012, 11:03:56 PM »
Ohh crap yeah forgot about that way, gonna clean the terminal up as well just to make sure there's nothing stopping it been earthed :) tomorrow's task if the weather isn't crap as per.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »
 ::) :D

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2012, 01:12:20 PM »
New socket set bought ahh I love new tools :P now to get some petrol, then tomorrow gonna take her apart give the earth a nice clean up and see if that does anything hopefully it will be running again. Only downside to 2 wheels plus winter = epic fail its getting icy on the roads now :( that's the last thing I want to be riding on

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »
Good luck!

Yeah, its icy here too now, -4 last week  ::)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2012, 01:48:02 PM »
clean it up good check all the wireing ends too see if they look fresh.   good luck.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
new tools. is it just me or does anyone els get excited about tools.

let us know how you get on....

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »
So I took starter motor off and cleaned the surface and earth wire, hasn't made a difference so after a bit of tinkering and putting petrol into the carb I finally got it started :) bit of smoke not too much though maybe due to it been so frigging cold and it been stood for a few months I don't know, anyway it was idling mega high on choke so any slight throttle I gave it the revs just dropped like a fly almost dead but then they picked up again eventually the choke calmed down a bit then gave it some throttle and it was really jerky and barely had any response  ??? So confused to what's wrong I'm gonna try turning the fuel mix screw up a bit see if it does anything.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2012, 09:18:21 AM »
sorry mat could you tell us again everything you have done so far, and the results. saves us from reading all the thred again.so we can try to get you back on the road....

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2012, 11:24:48 AM »
My money is still on it being a carb issue.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
+1

I wouldn't be surprised if Matthew will soon be a member of the club of people that own a Kymco carb that should work but doesn't...

I've had two Kymco carbs die on me, without being able to find anything wrong with them - which has never happened to me with any other carb from any other vehicle since I started this hobby in 1986....

After a lot of tinkering and testing, I just replaced them with cheapo Chinese carbs - life's too short...

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2012, 06:48:01 PM »
Well looking at the EPA data most of the smaller Kymco's are built on the mainland so
probably are Chinese to begin with. Maybe there are hidden flaws or some sort of
porosity in the metal? I ruined a carb on an old DR350 once by turning the mix screw
all the way in to count turns, when it bottomed it opened the hole up from 0.0001 to
0.00012 and made the thing run rich after that. A cheap replacement would be something
to try...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »

Interesting...

I already suspected my dead carbs to be damaged by turning the mix screw in too tight... The exact size of this hole, and whether it had possibly cracked open a bit or not, was the only thing in the whole carb that I didn't check well enough to be sure.... And with both carbs the malfunctions were in the idle zone, they ran OK at WOT, but flaky at idle and picking up, and the mix screw had too little effect on idle rpm...

Your experience with the DR350 confirms my suspicion that I should be more careful when turning in the mix screw... And thinking back, I realise that this could also be the reason that it only occurred with Kymco carbs so far, because I never used this trick on any carb until I read about it in the Kymco manual (my previous bikes were all 2T and my cars never needed adjustment...)

Perhaps this is the source of a lot of other people's carb trouble as well ...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()