Author Topic: agility 50 problems :(  (Read 21511 times)

matthew_addison

• 09 ag 50, 12800km. needs help!
    • View Profile
agility 50 problems :(
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:15:23 PM »
Hi all I have a ag50 2009,

Right so here we go, my ag starts and runs fine with decent amounts of throttle but as soon as i let go of the throttle to slow down for junctions roundabouts etc it just looses all power and dies and i then have to leave it for about 10mins to wait to get it started but even after 50 kickstarts it will idle(very high) and then as soon as i touch the throttle it dies again and i'm back to square one :( its becoming ridiculous now and very dangerous, the only way it will move at 10mph after it dies is if i give it tiny short bursts of throttle too much and it just cuts out. I changed oil, fuel filter, spark plug and gear oil, new carb(old one was full of white gunky crap) also checked and changed valve clearance about 1000km ago or so and it worked fine for months then just developed this problem, help please!!!

matthew_addison

• View Profile
Re: agility 50 problems :(
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
ohh also it makes a clicking noise at 3/4 to full throttle have no idea what it is but doesn't sound too good does it much worse when on main stand and giving it some! i have not yet derestricted it maybe in the near future when it works properly again :)

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:28:35 PM »
wouldnt that be the sign of an air leak?
check all the tubes, manifolds and stuff like that. i take it you set the valve clearence to .04mm? (might wanna re-check)
also run a compression test aswell to rule out anything else, i know a compression test wont tell you whats wrong but it will give you a starting base to work from. but i would check all the lines for leaks because i think that may explain the high rpm and the stalling.
hope you get it sorted mate
gd luck :)
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
ahh it could be not sure, it never has had a jubilee clip on the air filter hose connecting to carb just pushed in! seems strange it never had one but has been running fine before so maybe this could be the cause of the problem but i doubt it, would an oil leak be anything to do with it? it has been leaking since i rebuilt the engine after crashing and snapping the crank case in half :( ouch, but the leak seems to have got less than it was before it has the correct oil level though, erm it was a mechanic who set them and i gave him the ag50 maintenance book with all valve clearings etc. in so it would of been to what it says in there, i dont have a compression gauge. it seems to be most of the time that it is idling very high it will actually go 7mph with no throttle just on choke is this bad?

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 09:48:40 PM »
when i am giving it throttle it seems to bog down before it dies its like the engines flooding itself when its not done that as i would have to leave it for hours to drain properly extremely confused to what it could be  ???

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 10:21:44 PM »
Blocked/dirty fuel filter or carb jet?

Incorrectly set up carb?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 10:37:44 PM »
i had the carb bowl off other week and jets and carb are shiny and clean inside and this was after the problem and also fuel filter is very clean was only changed a few months ago, i tried running it with no air filter but still had the same problem brilliant acceleration but thats it :/ all pipes from fuel tank to the valve/diaphragm under the footplate seem to be in good condition with no cracks etc. same with the manifold i checked this and its fine no cracks or marks on any of it really confusing what it could be ???

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 10:40:58 PM »
I will try to get a video of the problem tomorrow(as it is 23:40) permitting the weather here in the uk is decent then that might help diagnose the problem but the strange thing is it seemed to have this problem for 2 weeks or so then it ran fine for 3 weeks and now the same problem has come back :( seem to be going in circles!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 12:07:46 AM »
check and make sure the manifold bolds are tight and all the hoses in front of the carb and behind.
check to see if your throtle cable is hooked up right.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 11:07:22 AM »
you might also wanna check the jet size, you said you brought a new carb as the last one was f***ed when i brought another carb for mine it had a #76 jet in it!?!?! but im running an open air filter so i bumped mine upto #96. if you take the carb apart again and check on the side of the main jet for a number. if you still have your old jet from the other carb try putting that one back in and see what happens. ah also..(im just stabbing in the dark here) but when you swapped the carb did you take the inlet manifold off, if so did you remember to put the little rubber 'O' ring back into the spacer? dont know if that would make much diffrence but i just thought of it and thought i would throw it out there if you know what im saying. the air/fuel mix screw on the side of the carb will probably need to be looked at too.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 12:36:32 PM »
what size carb did you get 18-19-20 mm that makes a dif also.and also check the plug cap I got a new plug befor and had to reset the cap.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:38:29 PM by blue »

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
Erm not sure what size the jet or the carb is as I went to a second hand garage and got it from there its a slightly different carb to the original kymco one I think it was from a pulse 50?! That's what was wrote on the top. Nope don't have the old carb or jets that went in the bin months ago! Hmm could be the plug I cleaned it a few weeks back with a wire brush but it never made any difference to it. Will check all manifold pipes the lot later on when I have some spare time. And if it stops working again I will try get a video of the sound it makes after, just one question how the Frigg do I upload videos I'm guessing I just copy and paste the YouTube URL?
 Thanks for all the help keep up the good work :)

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »
Couldit be the auto choke sticking on this could be causing it to cut out once the engine is hot and then making it hard to start why still hot with the choke on and also why reving high when you do get it started....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 10:59:58 PM »
What was causing the "white gunky stuff" in the old carb?

It sounds like prob it is a fuel/jets/carb problem to me.

Check the inlet manifold isnt burst, the thick black angled tube that goes from the carb to the engine, take it off and lool for cracks or splits underneath, especially where the clamp goes round at the carb end.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 11:16:13 PM »
Did you say you dont have the old carb. anytime you get new parts hang on to the old ones for a while.ya never know what you may need from it.I also have a dif carb in my scoot but I had to put a bigger jet in it to help it a long.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()