Author Topic: agility 50 problems :(  (Read 21512 times)

skippy

• View Profile
Re: agility 50 problems :(
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »
dirty blue... dirty... go stand in the corner and think about what you said... ;D

matthew_addison

• 09 ag 50, 12800km. needs help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 07:40:45 PM »
A plug chop ??? I have replaced it recently the old one looked quite black and around the washer seemed to be oil so it could be burning oil, my mate has noticed a bit of smoke when riding behind me I hope its not the piston rings I really don't fancy stripping engine again :/ I guess it could be the ht lead? But it has no signs of wear  :-\

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 08:02:34 PM »
forget the plug chop..... just change the jet to 82.... sounds like th has been running lean for a while and damage has been done... id just change the jet to 82 and run for a wile.....

by plug chop i meen put fresh plug in run the engine on full throttle for 15 min or so. a good run with as little stops as possable.. then take the plug out. cut the plug in half. it will tell you alot about how the engine is running. but id leave all that just change the jet and see if that works. if it does just run the bike

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »
Forget about plug chops when your gasoline contains ethanol... It's not completely obvious yet what's happening, but I've seen some weird results, and I'm not the only one...

Furthermore, doing a plug chop is only useful when you do it exactly right - most people forget things like warming up the engine with an old plug and changing it for the new one only for the test run....

@matthew : If I were you, I would stick with the standard setup of an 82 main jet, standard airbox with a clean filter, all clamps and hoses properly fixed the way they should be, and everything checked for cracks and other leaks - doing a plug chop shouldn't be necessary at all then... If it still won't run correctly that way, there's something else going on...

Edit : this is almost the same as skippy said... I think it's past bedtime for me  ;D

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 06:07:00 AM »
Everything is standard its even still got the original rollers in :O and its at 12700km hmm maybe time for some new ones, I will be ordering a 82 jet and find a jubilee clip from somewhere for the air filter hose and hopefully that will sort it, could it be the valves? As they get warm they expand too much and kill the engine? Just guessing but it could be a possibility

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 06:45:53 AM »

So you still didn't have a clip on the airfilter hose all this time ?

You've been wasting your time then....

(and also a little tiny bit of ours  ;D)

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
mat i would try the jet and the hoze clip. that should work. only do those things nothing els. if you do lots of things together you will not know which is wrong. 1 baby step at a time.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »
What no clip..................A motor runns better when its all put together.

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »
In the 2 years I've had it there's never been a clip :-\ yeah I'm gonna get them found and bought see if it sorts it if not then I don't know what!

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »
im sure when you put a clip on the hose and change the jet then it will run.... sounds like damage been done so dont expect miricals. but it should run. then just enjoy it.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2012, 11:43:28 AM »
yep then it will come a time that you have to pull apart the engine because the piston and rings have been fried from running mega lean...all in good time. its easy enough to do anyway, me and my fiancee did a complete engine rebuild in 2 hrs 55 mins and that was doing it for the first time. if you do think about rebuilding you will need:-

piston and rings
valve oil seals (check the valves and seats for damage-replace if nessersary) which will mean:-

new cylinder head (one with the valves pre-fitted)

check the cylinder wall for scorch marks and scoring but if you need to replace the piston and rings then you will need a new cylinder to seat the new rings or have the old one re-honed.

and thats about it i think.
slap it together start her up and let her get warm..shut her off..re-torque bolts..start her up again and rag her at WOT to bed the rings in then for the run in just take it easy and slowly over 500 or so miles increase the speed you go at (but if your still restricted that wont apply)
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »
You call that a complete engine rebuild ?  ;D

Anyway, don't scare the newbie !!

There's probably no damage to his engine at all, since it has been running fine for two years, with the airhose obviously tight enough to make it work without a clip....

It's only recenly that his luck has run out and the airhose started leaking sometimes, and even that's just an assumption on our part. It might as well be something different... And if it's indeed the airhose that was leaking every now and then.... An engine isn't instantly damaged by a few grains of sand, or from running lean for a few moments at low power and low rpms...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:00:58 PM by mono »

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2012, 07:34:44 PM »
I hope I don't have to do another rebuild I've had it all fully apart before to nothing when replacing crank case really don't want to do anything like that again was a twat, gonna put new jet abs clip on the hose if it works without dieing then its time to get rid :P no longer my problem haha ;)

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2012, 08:31:23 PM »
No way !!

If it works without dying, you've fixed it - and you should enjoy driving it...

Why did you have to replace the crankcase BTW ?

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2012, 10:31:15 AM »
When I fell off I snapped it in half along with the Kickstart case at 10mph!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()