Author Topic: agility 50 problems :(  (Read 21510 times)

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
Re: agility 50 problems :(
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 12:35:44 AM »
sh** thats quite bad. i still dont know how people manage to fall off the agilitys??
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 03:13:23 AM »
sh** thats quite bad. i still dont know how people manage to fall off the agilitys??
Just hit the front brakes to hard on a wet road and see if you can hold it up.

matthew_addison

• 09 ag 50, 12800km. needs help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
I went way to fast round a corner on a wet greasy road with a lot of road camber and just slid off :(

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 09:34:23 AM »
i still dont know how people manage to fall off the agilitys??

Not understanding how and why you could fall off is a beginners thing ;D
You'll find out various ways yourself if you keep driving for years...

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 06:38:56 PM »
 Yeah it was just one of those moments when in a rush to get home and totally misjudged the corner even though I've been round it hundreds of times but it just caught me that once and BANG! poorly Ped haha, will order a new jet on weds and a jubilee clip and hopefully she will work again, if not I'm just gonna disconnect the choke see if its that...

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
Ouch... some corners are mean Evil Bastards.. They're just waiting for this one day you're not paying full attention, and then they strike...

if not I'm just gonna disconnect the choke see if its that...

If you disconnect the choke, it will be "always on" instead of "always off"...
(The same happens when the wiring or the choke itself is broken...)

The only way to test the choke is to take it out of the carb, connect it to a battery, and see if it extends the needle after a while...

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2012, 10:36:49 PM »
Yup they sure are, Ahh I see so if I connected it directly to the main batt it should extend the needle?

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2012, 01:05:04 AM »
Not understanding how and why you could fall off is a beginners thing ;D
You'll find out various ways yourself if you keep driving for years...

i meant it as i see loads of bashed up agilitys and a hell of alot of ones that have been written off. i've rode mine for 2 1/2 years now and she dosnt have a scratch on her.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2012, 06:04:33 AM »
Ahh I see so if I connected it directly to the main batt it should extend the needle?

Yes, it should get warm and extend the needle some 4..5 millimeters or so. It will take some time though, and it works very slowly. When in doubt, just measure the length before and after...

Also, grab a copy of the service manual somewhere (search the interweb for "kymco agility service manual") it's extremely useful !

i meant it as i see loads of bashed up agilitys and a hell of alot of ones that have been written off. i've rode mine for 2 1/2 years now and she dosnt have a scratch on her.
I know you meant that  ;D

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2012, 10:23:42 PM »
I've finally replaced the jet and got a jubilee clip there was me all excited, it worked for 10mins then just cut out once again! Looks like I'm gonna give up on it and just leave it till summer :/

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
id try cleaning the carb again may take a fue attemps befor all cack cleaned out

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2012, 11:21:21 PM »
I'll give it another go, just more white spirit to get giddy off woo! :o

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2012, 07:12:33 AM »
Check your fuel tank and its contents : drain half a litre or so from the fuel hose at the carb into a large clean glass jar (apply a "vacuum" to the vacuum hose that's connected to the intake manifold, otherwise it won't flow...) and check the following :

-does the fuel filter allow for a continuous flow ? (an A50 needs 1..2 litres/hour)
-is there any dirt coming through the filter ?  (even the tiniest bit is a problem)
-is there any water in the gasoline ? (water will separate and sink to the bottom)

Also : how old is the gasoline in the tank anyway ? Gasoline isn't what it used to be anymore nowadays...  If you didn't refuel very often or left it standing for more than a month, it's probably better to just drain it completely and burn the old gasoline in your cage, or give it to someone who drives one - modern cages have engine management systems and fuel systems that can deal a lot better with deteriorated ethanol contaminated gasoline than our 1960s technology does...  ;D

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:16:14 AM by mono »

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »
she's got no fuel in her at the mo as it likes to evaporate out of the fuel cap, as the rubber has cracked  :-\ the fuel tank has a little bit of dirt floating in the bottom as i noticed a week ago or so, not sure if this is getting past the filter or not shouldnt be though as i replaced the fuel filter in feb, it was left for a while(about 8 months) with the same fuel in about quarter of a tank but it seemed to burn fine, but from what i remember when i first got it going with a little help from a mechanic, it had a big cloud of blue/grey smoke then just cut out. he sorted it out after replacing carb, putting redex in, new air filter, fuel filter and some other bits. then it seemed to be fine is still a bit smokey at full throttle a little blue smoke comes out but not much, and on the spark plug it seems to have oil, or extremely burnt petrol around the washer, hopefully its just petrol, but i have replaced it and it seems to be wet around the washer again.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »
she's got no fuel in her at the mo as it likes to evaporate out of the fuel cap, as the rubber has cracked  :-\ the fuel tank has a little bit of dirt floating in the bottom as i noticed a week ago or so,

thats why your carb keeps getting blocked... clean out all fuel system. tank etc. also get an air tite fuel cap. if fuel can evaporate crap could be sucked in...

the blue smoke sounds like either valve guides failed or piston rings. if it was me id replace the piston cylinder and head. as there is many kits on the market ferly cheep. in the uk narkau 50cc kits £60 or you could make the most and change for an 72cc kit for about the same...
but you will have to re jet for a bigger cc kit( may be a head ake)

....................................i could be very wrong though so see what other people say to your post first..............................................

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()