Author Topic: agility 50 problems :(  (Read 21458 times)

matthew_addison

• 09 ag 50, 12800km. needs help!
    • View Profile
Re: agility 50 problems :(
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »
Hopefully it will just need loosening a bit I think I screwed it in too far when setting the carb up might just need an extra turn or so and then it should begetting the right fuel mix as it does seem to be running a little lean :-\ and if that doesn't work then looks like a new carb will be ordered :)

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »
Nope defiantly not the fuel mix I has it running and had a great 10min ride until I had to take my hand off throttle for junctions then it just bogs down and eventually dies yet again! Tried adjusting the fuel mix screw several times I even almost completely unscrewed the bastard but it still has the same problem :( and the idle is mega high its like I'm giving it at least 1/4 throttle even though I'm not touching it, then as soon as I try to even slightly rev it the engine almost stalls its doing the total opposite of what it should when you open the throttle up revs drop instead of pick up so confused?! ???  I wish I knew what the hell is going on inside that engine! :S looks like a new carb I guess :(

fabio

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »

Matthew...

Have you had a read of this thread.... and in particular the last few posts with the solution..... http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=8231.0 .... (or at least i hope its the solution!)

Fabio

Current Stable: Kawasaki GPZ500, Honda CB125TDC, Piaggio NRG MC2, Kymco Agility..................Previous Rides: Vespa ET2, Vespa GT125, Vespa PK125, Lambretta Cento

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »
yes ive checked most of those things there are no cracks in any pipes or wires just a slight bit of corrosion but only to the surface of the pipes so wont affect the performance of the parts, im really stuck on what it could be a lot of headscratching might have to invest in a new carb £36 :( a lot of money just to get it working i just want a cheap one what will get it running until Jan when the insurance runs out then it will be going to a new home i reckon as im getting a car as soon as i get my test passed so wont have time for her anymore, 2 years of decent riding and now it gives up ahh well. been to some nice places (4 hours there and the same back) bit painful but was well worth the ride haha :)

all the carb and jets are clean as a whistle, the pin on the diaphragm is fine and moves smoothly the diaphragm is also fine no holes or cracks, but the fuel mixture screw seems very easy to screw and unscrew, im sure when i set the mixture last time it was a lot tighter than that, also i can feel the spring inside and can also hear it moving ???

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2012, 05:31:24 PM »
I was reading on another site and they got a carb for cheap - £4. Here's the listing (ended);
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121020873883?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649&clk_rvr_id=427017325959
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:49:29 PM by MotoRandy123 »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2012, 08:34:20 AM »
Yeah motorandy I've already contacted the seller and they haven't got any more :(

fabio

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
Take a look at this Carb cleaning tool - it may be of use to you...   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160943325772?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649
Current Stable: Kawasaki GPZ500, Honda CB125TDC, Piaggio NRG MC2, Kymco Agility..................Previous Rides: Vespa ET2, Vespa GT125, Vespa PK125, Lambretta Cento

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2012, 01:19:46 PM »
I have used carb cleaner for the jets and a bristle from paintbrush and a thin wire to clean the jets, but never tried one of these kits looks like I'll have to ask Santa for one haha ;) I hope it just needs cleaning a little better, if not I'm still gonna be stuck at a brickwall :/

thatsdax

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 02, 2013, 03:51:18 AM »
This is what you can do.. Remove Carb... Dissect carb completely... Boil carb and all metal parts, jets, and all, submerged in boiling water with a few squirts of Non pulp Lemon juice for 20 mins. Once done, remove and blow out all parts with compressed air.. For Brass jets and Jet tubing, poke through all holes using a strand of wire cut from a bicycle cable. This  strand is very small and will allow you to poke through all the side holes on the Main jet pitot tube. Once done. Blow through all holes again with compressed air and reassemble and re install carb to engine.. Done..   Also.. Remove  inline fuel filter and while cranking engine to actuate fuel valve to pump fuel out of fuel line and purge any particles of matter and debris from the fuel line.. Install a new fuel filter and repeat this process to again purge the fuel line of any particles. Once you have flowed enough fuel through filter and lines to flush out any particles, install fuel line to carb.  Shoot intake with starting fluid. Fire motor.. Enjoy the ride..

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2013, 04:25:25 PM »
I might give that a go when the weather is warm enough.

But at the moment it won't even start it will turnover and there is a decent spark and fuel going into carb and engine but won't start maybe due to it being stood for a few months I really don't know and I'm now starting to loose my rag with it!  >:(

Any help would be much appreciated :)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2013, 12:48:00 AM »
To buy pass everthing just pick up a new carb. also check the air hose that goes to the immisssion control...... if that leaks at all the scoot will bog down and not run right............

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »
Right just had a good half hour of tinkering and she lives once again! :) doesn't seem to be bogging down at all when I've ridden it and been riding for at least 30mins! Its now just sat purring away nicely :) can't understand this Ped it only works when it wants it seems!

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
Well that success was short lived! It just turned itself off and now won't start will turn over and run for 5secs, dammit :( getting a mechanic to check it over later though so hopefully he will know more.

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2013, 08:06:57 PM »
Right I've had it in pieces fitted a new plug and the only thing I can find wrong is the auto choke its doing nothing when the ignition is turned on, the needle doesn't extend or retract and when I take the choke out and plug the hole for the choke with a bit of cloth it seems to work fine. It even starts better and ticks over better without the choke!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2013, 01:55:58 PM »
Right I've had it in pieces fitted a new plug and the only thing I can find wrong is the auto choke its doing nothing when the ignition is turned on, the needle doesn't extend or retract and when I take the choke out and plug the hole for the choke with a bit of cloth it seems to work fine. It even starts better and ticks over better without the choke!

Ok now its time to do some red neck work for your scoot. beleave it or not I have a older scoot that I runn with a 20 mm carb and I have a nickle clued down with silicone. never had a choke on it at all the only hard time starting it is when its cold out. the scoot will run fine like that. I also had a scoot that had no choke and I hooked up a gravty flow gas tank to it that scoot I stell have it .but it needs some work to get it back on the road.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()