Author Topic: agility 50 problems :(  (Read 21466 times)

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: agility 50 problems :(
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »
has smelt of a sort of melting/ burning rubber smell but it has always done it so maybe this could be something
Perhaps there is a clutch issue that is not allowing proper freewheeling.  While on the center (centre) stand with the engine off, rotate the rear wheel to check for resistance . . other than final-drive gear-ratio drag.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »
Might also check if the air-cut-valve is assembled properly . . discussion.

Advance to 2:38

matthew_addison

• 09 ag 50, 12800km. needs help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »
Redneck work haha! I found the problem its the auto choke the needle won't move on it at all when I plug it into battery, it worked fine with my finger over the hole of the choke so either gonna get a new choke or just stick something on it! At least I found what's wrong with the bloody thing took me long enough! So I'm guessing at full throttle it will be getting way to much gas and flooding the engine? If the choke is staying permanently on.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
guessing at full throttle it will be getting way to much gas and flooding the engine? If the choke is staying permanently on.
At full throttle, although air flow increases, manifold vacuum decreases and there is less fuel flow through the enricher port in the throttle bore . . as compared to higher manifold vacuum at idle and low throttle.  An enricher switch may actually benefit cool weather running until the carb heats up.

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
Yeah that's all the right way around had that apart a few times and checked diagrams so the carb is put together properly. I've ordered a new carb for it should be here on Tues so I will get it fitted and hopefully that will sort the problem!

If its needed I will fit a switch but hopefully the new carb will sort it, had the old one wired up to a battery and it doesn't extend or retract so it must be permanently on.

I will be back on Tues and give the verdict.

Thanks again for all the advice guys keep up the good work!

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »
Still the same problem after fitting a new choke it ran and rode for 5mins then just cut out :(
I have no idea what to try now!

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »
Have you ruled out a defective vacuum fuel valve?

matthew_addison

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »
I will check that to. The choke needle still is not moving when the ignition is switched on or if the Ped is started so maybe there isn't any power going to the choke?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2013, 09:13:43 PM »
try puting gas in small bottle with niple on it so you can hook up a gas line and runn it to the carb and see if the scoot will run like that. that way you will tell if its something with the gas lines or gas tank.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()