Author Topic: New dangerous experience yesterday.  (Read 1601 times)

Syl

• View Profile
New dangerous experience yesterday.
« on: September 29, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »
Stopped at a light, a bucket truck comes from my left turning to his left. Light turned, I happened to be first behind the truck. What I thought was large volume of exhaust fumes blowing out behind him, I quickly noted it was a white fine powder. Backing off quickly and slowing traffic behind me, I noted my leather jacket was covered with this unknown white stuff. Looking over the bike, it too was covered as well as a coating of it on my pull down face mask. I was about a block behind him and looking at him still blowing off an unknown substance. I turned off to my destination, parked and had to take
a towel out of my box and start wiping all this stuff off everywhere. Yes, I was pissed enough to go home, contact the police
department and was asked to contact the mayor, which I did. The mayor was very concerned about my report and was to follow up on all this. In looking up the trucking firm on the internet, I phoned them with a answering service and only left a phone number but never received a return..this was prior to calling the mayor. No end here to this story yet but I will put in here whatever the results will be. No, I couldn't see whether the bed was covered which is the law. Big Concern here too, what did I breath in???

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Re: New dangerous experience yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »
You just can't be too careful.  I think we're so much more attentive when riding a bike than when
driving a car (In defensive mode).  I've noticed so many things.  My beef is people riding 70cc's and above passing them off as 50's.  Thus unlicensed and uninsured.  I hope you get an answer on this and determine they weren't cremated remains.

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »
Syl, call the trucking firm back.  Tell them since you have no idea what you were breathing in, you are going to the doctor for tests and you will bill them for the expense.  Also let them know that you plan to contact the local t.v. station with concerns about toxic substances being released in an area near a school.  They will get back to you fairly quickly.  Sorry to hear about your situation, tho.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 01:38:16 PM »
Stopped at a light, a bucket truck comes from my left turning to his left. Light turned, I happened to be first behind the truck. What I thought was large volume of exhaust fumes blowing out behind him, I quickly noted it was a white fine powder. Backing off quickly and slowing traffic behind me, I noted my leather jacket was covered with this unknown white stuff. Looking over the bike, it too was covered as well as a coating of it on my pull down face mask. I was about a block behind him and looking at him still blowing off an unknown substance. I turned off to my destination, parked and had to take
a towel out of my box and start wiping all this stuff off everywhere. Yes, I was pissed enough to go home, contact the police
department and was asked to contact the mayor, which I did. The mayor was very concerned about my report and was to follow up on all this. In looking up the trucking firm on the internet, I phoned them with a answering service and only left a phone number but never received a return..this was prior to calling the mayor. No end here to this story yet but I will put in here whatever the results will be. No, I couldn't see whether the bed was covered which is the law. Big Concern here too, what did I breath in???

Considering that you were in the middle of Racoon City run by The Umbrella Corporation, it was most likely the deadly strain of the newest Los Plagas virus.
Most likely you will turn into a zombie in the next 24 hours.
First symptoms include restlesness, high fever and desire to eat human flesh.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »
Hi Syl
Just a thought. I would keep the towel you used to wipe the "powder" off your bike with. A little CSI here but it could be used to test for asbestos or some other pulmonary contaminant.
Mike

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
I am laughing ! and seriously thinking about some of the input. Heard nothing as of yet but I will save the towel, good idea, thanks. Been hungry for pepperoni though, I don't think that means anything !! With the area this truck went through town, I am sure there has to be some complaints from businesses and or auto owners etc. Thanks for the input.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 09:20:05 AM »
Pepperoni huh? you sure that was not a pizza truck? ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()