Author Topic: Why no activity?  (Read 3488 times)

Lucasan

• View Profile
Why no activity?
« on: October 03, 2012, 05:33:15 AM »
Surely we Kymco riders are plenty, as many or even more than Genuine riders. Why are these forums so dead? I hate to have to keep going back to the modernbuddy.com forums for my daily dose of scooter goodness. Are we just not as passionate, interested or interesting as those folk? I only say this because I watch these forums and sometimes see good topics go without response for weeks on end. Are we all over there? As a new Kymco rider, I was hoping that this would be my spot for all info new and old regarding my bike. I would contribute more if I had more experience. For anything I have a even a modicum of knowledge I'll chime in. Is this a lost cause? Probably has been brought up in the past though.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Why no activity?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:46:54 AM »
I don't know. One reason I really notice is that when I'm awake, a lot of friends here are either ready for bed, have insomnia, or asleep. Posts are being answered the following day... And lots of professionals here with very busy schedules. Lots of "senior" guys also who maybe just doze off while typing, or just keep on forgetting things. Who'? wha? where am I?... oh a scooter forum!...  ;D   Whatever it is, I still love this forum and am online 8 hours a day, excluding Sundays...  ;D

Sad thing tho, the forum's Top 2 posters and Most Time Online, Zombie and Wordslinger had been
offline for three weeks now....

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?action=stats

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:54:38 AM by Vivo »

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 03:55:41 PM »
We are all out ridin' Actually the line about dozing at the keyboard ain't far from wrong! Hehe... ;D
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
Surely we Kymco riders are plenty, as many or even more than Genuine riders. Why are these forums so dead? I hate to have to keep going back to the modernbuddy.com forums for my daily dose of scooter goodness. Are we just not as passionate, interested or interesting as those folk? I only say this because I watch these forums and sometimes see good topics go without response for weeks on end. Are we all over there? As a new Kymco rider, I was hoping that this would be my spot for all info new and old regarding my bike. I would contribute more if I had more experience. For anything I have a even a modicum of knowledge I'll chime in. Is this a lost cause? Probably has been brought up in the past though.

It is even more interesting that out of the whole blue world, on this forum there are a few dozen regulars from ten or so countries.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Lucasan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 11:13:40 PM »
Yes the international input is cool. Great to get a different perspective on things. Well I'll help the form along any way I can but like I said, with my limited experience, I'm not going to be a power contributor. Most of the time I'll be able to ask questions and hope for a knowledgeable user to reply.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »
Yes the international input is cool. Great to get a different perspective on things. Well I'll help the form along any way I can but like I said, with my limited experience, I'm not going to be a power contributor. Most of the time I'll be able to ask questions and hope for a knowledgeable user to reply.

You may have lots of experience on other stuff, not specifically on scooters... You're welcome to share them here... no moderators here to shut you up... anything worth sharing is additional information to all of us and will never be forgotten... makes us all.... wiser.... ;)

Lucasan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 05:15:15 AM »
I have a B.A. in photography and am an avid RC car collector and builder. I could sail to Mexico without dying or getting eaten by sharks. I have replaced many parts on our former Toyota Camry including all of the interior door handles, the center console, a power window motor and the antennae mast twice. I like to tinker. but I never take on a project that will outlast my patience or attention span. I know enough to leave that to the pros. I'm fairly certain I can do the minor maintenance on my Like, such as oil changes and things like that. Once I get my Haynes manual from Amazon, I might be unstoppable.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 05:21:23 AM »
Hey, my brother in the U.S. has RCs too..   http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/castandiello/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Seems you're in the right forum... ;)

Lucasan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »
ah that's cool. Looks like he's built a sort of frankenstein buggy. I recognize parts from a few different manufacturers there. Some people blow my mind with what they do with the hobby, almost turning it into an art form. I'm way more into electrics. In fact I've never even touched a gas or nitro buggy. Only way I'd get into gas powered is if I were to somehow magically acquire an HPI Baja. But seeing as though I could buy a used scooter or a project motorcycle for the same price, it probably won't happen.

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 11:15:12 PM »
I have a B.A. in photography and am an avid RC car collector and builder. I could sail to Mexico without dying or getting eaten by sharks. I have replaced many parts on our former Toyota Camry including all of the interior door handles, the center console, a power window motor and the antennae mast twice. I like to tinker. but I never take on a project that will outlast my patience or attention span. I know enough to leave that to the pros. I'm fairly certain I can do the minor maintenance on my Like, such as oil changes and things like that. Once I get my Haynes manual from Amazon, I might be unstoppable.
I just woke up from a snooze, I do it often.  I like to tinker too, but remember it is good to know and honor what you don't know.
Back to sleep.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Lucasan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 05:08:35 AM »
Not sure what that means exactly. Are you saying I should leave well enough alone? Maybe there's a missing punctuation mark in that sentence. Just not coming across clearly. Pardon my ignorance if it is abundantly clear and I am the only one not getting the gist of it.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 09:24:44 AM »
I know what that means... ;)   It's a matter of perception.... sometimes not knowing has its rewards... knowing is good but you must not feel bad of not knowing...

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 11:02:24 PM »
For me it means, if you don't know how to do it, don't do it.  It is good to know that you don't know how.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Lucasan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 04:22:15 AM »
Yeah I guess I kind of discerned that after a pause. I find satisfaction in learning new skills. If every time I encountered a minor repair that a little research and the right tools could remedy and I called a repairman or mechanic, I would be a lot poorer and frustrated when I found out that it wasn't really that hard after all. To me, learning and working with my hands keeps me sharper and helps me to feel less stagnant. Plus, a successful fix job will always elicit great appreciation from my girlfriend. and that goes a long way.

I guess there's 2 different ways of looking at it. Like i said, I never tackle anything beyond my skillset or toolset for that matter. ie plumbing or any hvac work. I won't buy expensive gear for one job for instance. I have an investigative mind by nature and love to know how things work. Always have.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()