Author Topic: This weather really stinks!  (Read 2393 times)

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
This weather really stinks!
« on: October 05, 2012, 03:37:39 AM »
 :(  It is currently snowing in Central Minnesota...........ewwww.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

big blue

• View Profile
Re: This weather really stinks!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 03:45:46 AM »
Sorry to hear it Carol, the weather in Oregon has been amazing for October. Cool north wind but sunny; 40s at night but 70s in the daylight, great scooting weather!  What scooter are you NOT riding? Len
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 04:28:37 AM »

PeopleS 200
 Hubby rode the Venox today.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:57:10 AM »

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I have a friend at work that rode his Harley across country and when he got to the Co area he added a ski to his front tire, said it didn't help much.

The weather here in NJ has been good temp wise but it's rained most days so I don't take the scoot to work. I've got a 24 hr window today and will take her out for the first time in almost 1 week.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:59:01 AM by 08087 »
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »
The weather up here in New England is somewhat similar to New Jersey (08087) It's the damn rain! We cannot get a break. Plus this weekend is looking like garbage as well. Sigh...I have maybe 3-4 weeks left of the GT300i & then it goes to my dealer to sit in their heated warehouse for the Winter.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »

tread and a ski on the scooter would be great!.....the windchill  is the determining factor here. I wouldn't like the -10 degree wind in my face.  Will just stick to my favorite winter activity, a cup of cocoa and a good book in front of the fireplace!

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »
tread and a ski on the scooter would be great!.....the windchill  is the determining factor here. I wouldn't like the -10 degree wind in my face.  Will just stick to my favorite winter activity, a cup of cocoa and a good book in front of the fireplace!

Carol: How do you like your People S200? I bought one the 1st year it came out here in the US & it was a complete dream! I sold it a few years ago (I never should have) What color do you have? Mine was Red. Great engine & very simple to work on.

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 11:03:59 PM »
 Bought my PeopleS new in '07.....her name is Rosie.  She is my profile photo. Currently have 1020 miles on it. I am not an everyday rider, quite frankly, should sell her to someone that would get more use out of it. I think there are more photo's of the scoot on my facebook page actually.  Friend me and check em out!

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 02:27:07 AM »
Even if you only ride it a couple of times a year, but get a great amount of joy from it - I'd hold onto it.  It's not the quanity of riding that brings joy to some folks, sometimes it's just savoring those occasional rides. 

BTW...  Your weather came to Indiana and I'd like the address to send it back, please...   ;D
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 05:46:40 AM »
Come now Carol, snowmobilers do it all the time, wrap ascarf aroound your head put on a swimmers mask and your golden!
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 02:49:46 PM »
Carol: I agree with BootScoot! Keep it. I wished I still kept my S200. We won't get a ton of money for it anyway. That's a real nice scooter & will last for many of years to come. Enjoy it.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Geting cold here in michigan to. 35 to 45 in the morning makes it harder for the scoot to start.
just need to let it worm up good and im off.

Covelivn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 07:07:21 AM »
Hard to imagine being back up north. I do find that during the winter if the morning temp is below 50 f here in florida it is better to leave the scoot at home ;D
I wasn't born in Florida but I got here as soon as I could.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »
Try living in Scotland, from Sept/Oct we need to scrape the ice off in the mornings or pour a jug of warm water over the scoot. Then pnce i arrive at work i do the same to my fingers and pull the ice off my beard ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()