Author Topic: Lighting Question  (Read 3855 times)

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
Lighting Question
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:04:13 AM »
Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to put some sort of LED lights or something in the upper corners of the headlight where it goes into the peaks or ears of the headlight?  If so, is there any kind of tutorial or other thread?  I couldn't find one, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything...  hehehehe
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
Re: Lighting Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:27:01 AM »
Have you not got lights there already i think here in the uk they are fitted by law, i think they are 5 watt bulbs in there for what they are there good for day riding as you can see them from a distance and it looks like 2 headlights.......
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:25:19 AM »
like these?

are there holes already?  then you can use T10 LED bulbs and rubber bulb holders/sockets

or get those like the above pics...

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:27:59 AM by Vivo »

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 08:57:02 AM »
The light is still shaped like that, but my day driving light is just a low beam of the main light.  There's nothing up in the corners.  I'll take it out and look.  Thanks for the pics!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »
You're welcome.  Do you have a parklight, headlight on/off switch or does your head light turn on automatically when you start the engine?

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 09:54:09 PM »
I had some extra lights on my scoot for a long time. helps with seeing the road kill.
just had theam bolted to wear the refectors are at on the front tire. you just need to make sure
when you add any extra lights that a fuse is on the wire comeing from the battery.

JC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 11:02:06 PM »
Anything's possible. I just did angel eyes for my Ruckus lights. The agility will get a new eye this next summer. Check it.....

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 02:05:04 AM »
You're welcome.  Do you have a parklight, headlight on/off switch or does your head light turn on automatically when you start the engine?

The running lights turn on automatically when I start the engine.  I do have a switch to turn them brighter at night.  And, I do have passing flasher button on the headlight button.

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 02:08:54 AM »
Blue - do you mean they were like small LED lights?

JC - I was thinking about doing a halo, but I haven't taken off the headlight assembly, yet, to see how possible that would be.  I'd love to do that, too.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 02:20:45 AM »
Blue - do you mean they were like small LED lights?

JC - I was thinking about doing a halo, but I haven't taken off the headlight assembly, yet, to see how possible that would be.  I'd love to do that, too.

No the lights I use are from walamart they are fog lights they come in a kit of 2 lights you get the wireing and everything. As long as you get the ones that can run off your stator or right to the battery you are good. they realy bright they come in all sizes.

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 02:22:44 AM »
No the lights I use are from walamart they are fog lights they come in a kit of 2 lights you get the wireing and everything. As long as you get the ones that can run off your stator or right to the battery you are good. they realy bright they come in all sizes.

nice!

All of these suggestions makes me scared I'm gonna have to get a more powerful stator.  LOL  I'll be the only scoot able to be seen from outerspace.  BAHAHAHA

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 02:28:45 AM »
I also have a deep cycle battery under my seat to hook up to what ever I can to it buy just pluging it in to a cigaratte lighter plug only have to charge it up ounce in a while.Its good to have even if your scoot needs a jump start.

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 02:32:19 AM »
great suggestion!  I hadn't thought about that.  Then, I can maybe add a few more items like my GPS, stereo, speakers, etc.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 02:35:06 AM »
angel eyes!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

So you have a U.S. version scoot.. our Asian and Euro versions have a separate switch for headlight and parklights. The two little lights on you scoot are supposed to be the parklights... Switch half way for parklights, then slide further for the head lights.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 02:41:39 AM »
I converted an H3 yellow projector fog light to an LED.  Got me super bright flat LEDs. You can see that the beam pattern is not scattered but focused because of the projector lens...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()