Author Topic: Hopkins Electronic Deer Alert  (Read 1657 times)

Mike Green

• View Profile
Hopkins Electronic Deer Alert
« on: October 09, 2012, 10:58:05 PM »
Had asked for some info on this device earlier with no response. Does anyone know anything about
this thing? Has anyone tried it? It sounds like it would really work. The downside is you ride around with this VERY loud screaming sound coming from your scoot and that would not be conducive to a peacefull ride in the country. For obvious reasons I'm looking for something that works but can be tolerated by human ears. Thanks,
Mike

blue

• View Profile
Re: Hopkins Electronic Deer Alert
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
As far as I know there not that loud there made for deer and other animals to here but not us.

Or better yet ride shot gun.....................lol

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 11:59:46 PM »
Had asked for some info on this device earlier with no response. Does anyone know anything about
this thing? Has anyone tried it? It sounds like it would really work. The downside is you ride around with this VERY loud screaming sound coming from your scoot and that would not be conducive to a peacefull ride in the country. For obvious reasons I'm looking for something that works but can be tolerated by human ears. Thanks,
Mike
I am ordering one tomorrow but it will take 2 weeks to get here. I will let you know when I install it.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 12:04:55 AM »
Thanks Racewalker
Keep me informed and when you get it let me know how it works. My XC500 is in the shop now
being repaired related to running into a deer at night. So I really don't want to go through that
experience again. Thanks,
Mike

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »
I am ordering one tomorrow but it will take 2 weeks to get here. I will let you know when I install it.

What you ordering a shot gun to put n your scoot.Hell Ill sale you one of mine.   lol

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »
Couldnt you also fit some powerfull driving lights on the front too Mike? Like 2 real bright ones on a seperate switch for using the backroads.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Sideshow

• Reading, PA
    • View Profile
    • My web site
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 03:57:05 PM »
I have the regular deer alert you see at the auto store.
They work great as you drive the wind flows through them
and makes them whistle. I ride on some back roads with lots
Of deer as I round the corners I see them running off. I also
Have them on my cars.

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:00 PM »
Streido!
Thanks for the idea. For some reason the North American White Tale is mesmerized by bright lights.
Auto, motorbike, or hand held high beam lights used by the poachers around here at night. It is the same when we hunt roos in Australia. Once they catch the bright beam of light in their eyes they freeze. There is a lot of deer road kill because of this. Instead of running away they become statues and won't move. That's why it is so illegal at night to hunt. Because there is no sport involve. It does not require any skill to shoot a completely stationary target, and then one that will not run away at that. However, I think those lights you suggested would be a great safety addition
because of the added visual capability they provide at night. If my XC500 ever gets out of the shop I'm going to buy them, so thanks. I love the history of your country. What a heritage from Rob Roy
to present day. One of the greatest crimes of humanity was when Mary Queen Scots was murdered
and the throne was stolen from her. Well, I digress. Thanks for the info on the lights.
Mike

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 12:31:23 PM »
LoL Mike, im not big on having any royal family myself but if we must have one i'd rather it was a Scots one and not one of German decent as it is now  ;)

Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()