Author Topic: engine  (Read 6684 times)

skippy

• View Profile
engine
« on: October 14, 2012, 07:58:53 PM »
looking for an engine for a agility 50.
 does anyone know what engines are the same? other scoots must use the same engine.
i know that it is a 139qmb engine with a long case for 12" wheel but what other scoots use the same engine?
im in the uk and hit a wall.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: engine
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:31:49 PM »
Im sure the People 50 4t engine is basically the same engine...........at least i think im sure.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »
lol just trying to open a fue more doors .thinking more of other brand of scoots but will try the people serch cant help.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 08:55:43 PM »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 08:59:16 PM »

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 09:07:52 PM »
lol just trying to open a fue more doors thinking more of other brand of scoots but will try the people serch cant help.

About any 139QMA engine will do. :p
Try checking this site: http://scootergrisen.dk/scooterhjemmeside/galleri.php (english translated by google: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fscootergrisen.dk%2Fscooterhjemmeside%2Fnyheder.php&sl=da&tl=en )
This guy don't sell anything but only collects information about scooters.
It has as much data as possible on as close to any scooter we know of, and is by far the most compleated site about 4-stroke scooters i've ever seen. :)
Almost all 4-stroke scooter motor will do, as long as it is a 139QMA and not a 139QMB, since the B is for 10" wheels. Just remember, that Kymco and Honda are among the highest quality scooters that you can get and many engines that are sold seperately will be of lower quality. :p
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »
About any 139QMA engine will do. :p
Try checking this site: http://scootergrisen.dk/scooterhjemmeside/galleri.php (english translated by google: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fscootergrisen.dk%2Fscooterhjemmeside%2Fnyheder.php&sl=da&tl=en )
This guy don't sell anything but only collects information about scooters.
It has as much data as possible on as close to any scooter we know of, and is by far the most compleated site about 4-stroke scooters i've ever seen. :)
Almost all 4-stroke scooter motor will do, as long as it is a 139QMA and not a 139QMB, since the B is for 10" wheels. Just remember, that Kymco and Honda are among the highest quality scooters that you can get and many engines that are sold seperately will be of lower quality. :p

thankyou so very much baddi. i nearly bought the wrong engine then.... so i need the 139qma. well that has made the serch just as hard again. id love to keep to the kymco engine but cant find one . thats why im looking for other manufactures that fit. been over 1 month now without bike killing me now.pain in the neck using the car for work

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 09:43:23 PM »
A few years ago I put a qy6 motor on a qmb frame stell have the scoot and its my best running scoot besides my agilty. I have noticed both frames are the same as my agilty and should have no problem moding eather one with a new motor.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »
I thought our engines where 139QMB too  ??? Thats what parts i bought for the whole time i had it?  Isnt it the QMA the smaller wheels?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
i dont know confused now ??? ??? ??? ??? if the qma is the 12" then why does the qmb come as short case and long? ??? ??? ???

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 10:18:51 PM »
QMA is long (our motor) and QMB is short. The only general difference between the two types is the wheel and belt size.

Edit: After searching a little on the internet, it seems that some engines for 10" wheels are also sold as QMA and the other way around, so no matter what they are called, just be aware of the size. :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:29:00 PM by baddi »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 11:31:30 PM »
they both come in long and short shaft. The short shaft ones are better and a lot easy to work with.
the long shaft like the agilty is harder to work with because finding parts and belts. But if you switch
over you can use the same clutch and vareator and rollers. They both well mount to eather frame.
You just might have to deal with a smaller tire on the back wich works great.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 11:45:25 PM »
they both come in long and short shaft. The short shaft ones are better and a lot easy to work with.
the long shaft like the agilty is harder to work with because finding parts and belts. But if you switch
over you can use the same clutch and vareator and rollers. They both well mount to eather frame.
You just might have to deal with a smaller tire on the back wich works great.

I never had trouble finding belts or parts, besides that i would like a 4 valved head with variable valve lift & timing onto a water and oil cooled cylinder, that is forcefed with air from an electric supercharger that don't need an intercooler to deliver cold compressed air... But i don't think it's easy to find such things for anything else than the newest BMW car or something like that. ;D

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 08:33:31 AM »
QMA is long (our motor) and QMB is short. The only general difference between the two types is the wheel and belt size.

Edit: After searching a little on the internet, it seems that some engines for 10" wheels are also sold as QMA and the other way around, so no matter what they are called, just be aware of the size. :D

Well im sticking with what i believe is correct, ie the A50 i have with 12" wheels is a 139qmb engine.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
Well im sticking with what i believe is correct, ie the A50 i have with 12" wheels is a 139qmb engine.

As long as we agree, that he will have to check the size of the engine, lets just call it long, don't you think? ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()