Author Topic: agility engine  (Read 6907 times)

skippy

• View Profile
agility engine
« on: October 14, 2012, 08:00:09 PM »
looking for an engine for a agility 50.
 does anyone know what engines are the same? other scoots must use the same engine.
i know that it is a 139qmb engine with a long case for 12" wheel but what other scoots use the same engine?
im in the uk and hit a wall.

mono

• View Profile
Re: agility engine
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 07:52:23 PM »
This is what I understood from the 4T tuning gurus at http://www.revolution70.nl - so don't shoot me if it's not entirely correct... :

The Kymco engine is the original one... The 139QMB is a cheap copy that's used by almost every chinese scooter manufacturer...

Apart from overall build quality there are some minor differences, the most noticeable being that most of the copies have a stator that's wired for an AC type CDI, so you would have to replace that with your old stator. Also the top exhaust mount point is located about 2cm higher. Most other differences I heard of are inside the engine itself, like a different size of the oil pump gear and such - not really a problem if you stick to 139QMB parts only...

So, to answer your question :

There is no other manufacturer that uses the same engines as Kymco...

You could however try one of the cheap clones, which are all called something like 139QMB - but you'll have to make at least some minor modifications.

There are shops that sell generic 139QMB engines, which are the safest bet (take care to order a long case version if your Agility has 12" rims). Some scoot manufacturers tend to make their own modifications to the generic design, and since the 139QMB business is a low budget chinese affair, I don't expect these cases to be reliably documented. I would stick to a generic no-brand one. They will all be lower quality than the Kymco engine anyway...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:00:17 PM by mono »

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
thanks mono. we should have a history section on this site. well that is true then im sticking to a agility engine. in my sad little mind i thought the engine would be like cars, where an engine would be used by 5 manufactures to keep costings low.
 well im going to try to sort out the hole in the crank case tomorrow.hope it works this time till i find another engine.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 11:40:54 PM »
Did you try drilling the hole and tap it and put a bold in it.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 11:53:49 PM »
History lesson:
Kymco started as a factory, making engines for Honda, who is the inventor of the GY6 engine type.
At some point, Kymco made a brand of itself instead of just being a production for others, and soon started making their own motorcycles, possibly with the same quality control that they were used to, when they manufactured for Honda.
Kymco has been marketed very well in USA and in UK (and possibly in other countries, but not here) and soon became among the biggest producents in the whole world, as these are owned by themselves and not by car producents as many other big motorcycle companies are.

139QMA, 139QMB, 159QMA and others are just names of different subcategories under the GY6 type and the name tells a little about its specialities as the numbers of cylinders (1) and the bore (39) aswell as other measurments.

If you want the name of the engine instead of just the type, you'll just have to check what numbers and letters is cast on the engine. :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 05:58:58 AM »
Kymco started as a factory, making engines for Honda, who is the inventor of the GY6 engine type.

As far as I know Honda and Kymco worked together on the GY6, but Honda has never made a 50cc version of it, the 50cc spinoff was solely a Kymco development.

Also there's officially no such thing as a GY6 50cc, the Kymco 50cc engine is called something different (probably LBD6 or KG10SA or something, look at the left side of your engine), and is like a GY6 made smaller, the chinese clones of the Kymco 50cc engine are all called something like 139QMB...

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »
As far as I know Honda and Kymco worked together on the GY6, but Honda has never made a 50cc version of it, the 50cc spinoff was solely a Kymco development.

Also there's officially no such thing as a GY6 50cc, the Kymco 50cc engine is called something different (probably LBD6 or KG10SA or something, look at the left side of your engine), and is like a GY6 made smaller, the chinese clones of the Kymco 50cc engine are all called something like 139QMB...

KG10SA is the model name of Agility50 the same way that Agility125 is the model KN25 (dunno if it has eny extension as the 50 has SA).
LBD6 is a little more tricky to find the origin of, as it might be the name of the engine block as a part or the name of the whole engine. Many parts of the engine are named something that starts with LBD8, LCD6 and LCD8, so i suspect that this is because they originally made an engine with 80cc displacement. :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 01:29:42 AM »
I Might be geting me another agilty 50 soon same color and year as mine. Realy hope this works out I would love it just for parts But the way it sounds I might be able to get it running he just dont have time to fix it. some people well sale just so they dont have to fix it. O well my gain there loss.

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 07:35:43 AM »
nice one blue... are joy going to join or Agilitycollectors Anonymous aa club? hope shes an easy fix.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()