Author Topic: Anyone ever kill...  (Read 2918 times)

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
Re: Anyone ever kill...
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 02:33:27 PM »
However, when I had a Honda cub/underbone, the starter died after about two years and I kicked started it ever since.  The nice thing about a motorcycle is that you can kick start it while sitting on the bike...very easy and convenient..., which you can't do on a scooter.

Heres how it's done, step by step:
- While your right foot are at the passenger footrest, put your left foot on the centerstand and press it down so you can ceep the balance on the scoot only by the centerstand.
- Stand up onto the centerstand and jump a little on it, while you pull the handlebars forcefully.
- Look dumb, as you fail to get the scooter onto center stand for 3-8 times.
- You are now on centerstand and have not yet left the bike.
- Sit down onto the passenger seat.
- Kickstart.
- Feel badass for not having to leave your seat.

;D
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »
OK turned off the scoot at 30 MPH using kill switch, it would not rev so eng was dead as mentioned above. However while I was gliding down to about 20 MPHI hit the kill switch back into the run position and the eng engaged without me hitting the start button. Makes me wonder if I got up enough speed from a dead stop and the bike was off but in thr run position would it start???
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »
Since the clutch was engaged when you killed the engine it would start back up till the clutch disengaged. Not sure if you can push it off and engage the clutch .

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 10:58:08 PM »
OK turned off the scoot at 30 MPH using kill switch, it would not rev so eng was dead as mentioned above. However while I was gliding down to about 20 MPHI hit the kill switch back into the run position and the eng engaged without me hitting the start button. Makes me wonder if I got up enough speed from a dead stop and the bike was off but in thr run position would it start???
[/quote

That only works with 2 stroks

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »
Blue, it only works on those, where the gear are manual and you can put it in gear when the engine is off, which you can't on a centrifugal clutch as a scooter has. If it has a manual clutch, it doesn't matter if it is 2- or 4-stroke. :D
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 02:17:41 AM »
Blue, it only works on those, where the gear are manual and you can put it in gear when the engine is off, which you can't on a centrifugal clutch as a scooter has. If it has a manual clutch, it doesn't matter if it is 2- or 4-stroke. :D

Ok ill give you that one you are right........mmmmmmmmmm I wonder how my agilty would work wit a centrifugal clutch........lol   

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 02:22:21 AM »
It's impossible to roll start a scooter with CVT

Clutch won't spin no matter how fast you roll it. The bell just spins not the clutch. The reason it continues to spin the engine after the ignition is killed is because the centrifugal force keeps the clutch pads in contact with the bell. Once you get below a certain speed(5-10 mph) the clutch springs overcome centrifugal force, you loose that contact, and the clutch disengages. The engine, clutch, belt, and variator all come to a stop. Impossible to practically reengage the clutch without starting the engine again.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 02:23:17 AM »
Blue... You have a centrifugal clutch  ;) :)
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »
Blue... You have a centrifugal clutch  ;) :)
Dont confuse things  ::)   :D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()