Author Topic: GAAAH!!! What did I do????  (Read 1978 times)

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
GAAAH!!! What did I do????
« on: October 15, 2012, 10:31:21 PM »
Ok, so I got the new LED blinkers in the mail today and excitedly went to my friend's house to install them (he has much cooler tools than me).  So, we took the old front blinker off and wired the new blinker on.  The first time we wired it, we heard the blinker noise, but the blinker didn't work.  Then, thinking that the wiring was backwards, we switched the wires.

Trouble...

Now, my scooter won't start, kick start, make a noise... nothing...

Then, I called f*!king Racing Planet USA and spoke with some dickwad named Alex who suggested I take my scooter to an electrician........  Useless suggestion, as electricians work on houses.........  And, because he told me that he doesn't have a manager or supervisor (he apparently owns all of Racing Planet), I cancelled my order and will never order from them, again.  RUDE and stupid people....

So, anyway...  how do I fix my poor lil' scooter?  What'd I do?  Where did I go wrong?  HELP!!!  Please?
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

blue

• View Profile
Re: GAAAH!!! What did I do????
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »
It may just be a fuse check that frist. if not you may of blow your relay if so you well have to replace it.
the relay is under the front plastic by the horn. Becarfull when you are playing with the wireing take the + wire off the battery when doing so. And if you are adding any wires to the scoot make sure you add a fuse to the + wire. But in your case you may not have too.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »
If no electric work, it is problably just a fuse. :p
If only certain parts of the electric system is out of function, the part controlling that electric device is usually the broken thing. :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:58:46 AM »
fuse first... ;)

OregonDad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 05:38:22 AM »
When switching to LEDs you need to replace the flasher relay with one that does not have a minimum load requirement.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 06:18:57 AM »
When switching to LEDs you need to replace the flasher relay with one that does not have a minimum load requirement.

+1 one that... (Although the original relay will also work with load resistors added, but that's not a sound solution in many ways, don't go there...)

It may just be a fuse check that frist.

+1 one that... Be sure to disconnect the relay before replacing the fuse though...

some dickwad named Alex who suggested I take my scooter to an electrician........  Useless suggestion, as electricians work on houses.....

-1 on that... I think this Alex is not that stupid...
Having worked in this field for a while, I can tell that an electrician obviously has more basic knowledge about electric systems as simple as that of a scooter than most of you guys out there - not only about finding the cause of a malfunction, but also on safety issues like fire hazard, which is very real in scooterland... (Blue, was that you with those smoking wires ?)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 01:01:31 AM »
Yes it was me with the smokeing wires. It was because my relay was bad along with the wires going to the elc. starter was bad so I had to to some rewireing. all is good and.  ( knock on wood my scoot is at its best.)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()