Author Topic: Rattle, rattle!  (Read 1125 times)

scarlett

• View Profile
Rattle, rattle!
« on: October 16, 2012, 08:18:50 PM »
Hi, My P250 developed a rattle which sounds like it's coming from the front left somewhere around the left mirror. Just had the whole scoot apart for maintenance and when I first took it back out the rattle was gone. However, after about an hour of riding I hear it starting to come back. I swear everything is tightened down! Anybody have any thoughts on this one? I thank you and Scarlett thanks you. Go Bucks!

gregspeople250

• View Profile
Re: Rattle, rattle!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:47:23 PM »
Hi Scarlett.
Take it apart and you'll find the problem...
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

scarlett

• View Profile
Re: Rattle, rattle!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:34:19 PM »
Well, it took six months but I finally found my rattle. It had always sounded like the glass in my left rear view mirror was loose or that there was a piece of broken off plastic tab jumping around somewhere in the dash. Had the dash apart at least half a dozen times but never found anything loose.  Turned out to be the back piece of the front fender wasn't fitted into a slot-like bracket before the shop tightened it up after putting on a new tire. The tab part was sitting either above or below the bracket instead of inside it. Guess the sound echoed up and out of the dash area. Persistence can pay off! Riding is fun again!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()