Author Topic: Post your scoot size/model and MPG  (Read 8571 times)

old geezer

• View Profile
Re: Post your scoot size/model and MPG
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 12:18:47 AM »
For nothing but to be different, why answer then?

Because he could and its an open forum....

I answered what my mileage is but I really don't care either. I ride for the pure fun of it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:20:52 AM by old geezer »

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 12:58:22 AM »
Thanks Geez,
that's exactly why I ride. I don't want to complicate things by keeping up with gas mileage because I'm riding for fun and relaxation.

08, I guess it's like some gourd head who wants to try and jump start his scooter while rolling down a slope with his kill switch on.
Mike

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 01:07:59 AM »
Heh -- well, yeah, I get it. If I wanted the best fuel economy numbers out of my PCX, I'd never ride above 40 mph (which describes how I got that 104 mpg figure -- it was on a loooong ride with some 50cc scooter folx). However, it is presently my only transportation, and I live nearly 30 miles from work, so I'm often riding at 50-60 mph on the surface roads between here and there. Fun and practical, IMO.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 02:38:33 AM »
Thanks Geez,
that's exactly why I ride. I don't want to complicate things by keeping up with gas mileage because I'm riding for fun and relaxation.

08, I guess it's like some gourd head who wants to try and jump start his scooter while rolling down a slope with his kill switch on.
Mike

Old Geezer I'm glad I saw the edited version of your reply. Mike why are you calling me names?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 02:46:55 AM »
Old Geezer I'm glad I saw the edited version of your reply. Mike why are you calling me names?

Maybe I edited it for spelling, maybe not.. ::)

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 10:42:25 AM »
Honda PCX 125 average 96mpg (imperial gallons, not the short measure US ones)

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 10:11:53 PM »
I was looking at gn2's beautifull Husky under the PICTURE OF YOUR FIRST BIKE thread and ended up posting a response to your question to me there.
Hope this does'nt confuse.
Mike

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »
I was looking at gn2's beautifull Husky under the PICTURE OF YOUR FIRST BIKE thread and ended up posting a response to your question to me there.
Hope this does'nt confuse.
Mike

Did a search for the thread and came up empty, why not just post a link to the thread or post in the correct topic heading?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 02:56:49 AM »
Okay 08, read carefully. Go to the General Discussion section. Go to the My FIRST MOTORCYCLE thread. Mine is the last post. You can't miss, er, uhh, you should be able to find it.
Mike

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 09:24:12 AM »
I agree with Mike. I don't keep tabs on my fuel consumption on my GT300i because it is a scooter. We all know it does well.
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 06:36:15 PM »

Dear Gourd Head,
I'm sorry. I would have thought that most everyone's reply to you about your kill switch, ie, it's use and function would have satisfied your curiosity but you continued on and on in spite of a lot more knowledgeable advice than mine about the damn thing. So I'm assuming you were doing that for entertainment or you are a gourd head. But your right. If you're thin skinned about a little humorous gig I do apologize.
Mike

Well Mike your offhanded apology cannot be accepted as it is just that, an offhanded slap in the face. In some circles that would just make you a punk, glad this is not one of those circles cause I don't play with punks.

As for your comments on "Complicating matters" by keeping MPG numbers, I'm not sure how that complicates anything, do you really find calculating MPG complicated? If so let me know and I'll teach you an easy method.

So when you become man enough to [post an apology in the thread it should be in (I guess it was too complicated for you to cut and paste) then we can go back to being forum friends. Next time you have an off color word for me say in a PM so I can answer back in full color or even better try doing it face to face, cause I'm sure you'd never have used those words if I were standing in front of you, don't grow forum muscles, they don't biome you. (Just sayin)

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »
You sound full of bluster and intimidation for a jocular comment. No harm intended so please back off of the personal threats and please be aware that there's nothing to apologize for. I've been called everything from a "dumb ass" to "thin skinned". So please back off and enjoy the forum and I don't think anyone is impressed.
Mike, aka, Dumb Ass

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »

Well Mike your offhanded apology cannot be accepted as it is just that, an offhanded slap in the face. In some circles that would just make you a punk, glad this is not one of those circles cause I don't play with punks.

As for your comments on "Complicating matters" by keeping MPG numbers, I'm not sure how that complicates anything, do you really find calculating MPG complicated? If so let me know and I'll teach you an easy method.

So when you become man enough to [post an apology in the thread it should be in (I guess it was too complicated for you to cut and paste) then we can go back to being forum friends. Next time you have an off color word for me say in a PM so I can answer back in full color or even better try doing it face to face, cause I'm sure you'd never have used those words if I were standing in front of you, don't grow forum muscles, they don't biome you. (Just sayin)

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »

No 08, just not worth the effort.
Mike

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »
You sound full of bluster and intimidation for a jocular comment. No harm intended so please back off of the personal threats and please be aware that there's nothing to apologize for. I've been called everything from a "dumb ass" to "thin skinned". So please back off and enjoy the forum and I don't think anyone is impressed.
Mike, aka, Dumb Ass

I'm not sure where you see a threat? Perhaps you can point it out to me. If you precieved something as that sort it's on you. I simply said if you choose to use terms like you used to describe me it would be better via PM and not the forum as the forum is not the place for public bashing. If your comment was meant in a light hearted manner you should have stated such long ago. I won't comment on you being called dumb ass as I am nopt aware of the context in which it was said. As for me saying you could say things to me face to face I'm pointing out your forum muscle, certainly not mine, please re read.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()