Author Topic: Trike Conversion or CanAm Spyder  (Read 12632 times)

gn2

• View Profile
Re: Trike Conversion or CanAm Spyder
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »
Except for bicycles as a kid I've never ridden a two wheel device in my life but I was determined to master this scooter and found that I really love riding.

It's harder to learn when you're older and its harder still to learn on a larger machine like a 500 maxi-scooter.

As for all the BS in this tread about scooter-v-motorcycle braking characteristics I had quite a chuckle about that.
I'll take a modern scooter with ABS over a bike without ABS any day of the week.
(not all scooters and not all bikes are created equal)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2012, 08:42:57 AM »
You can chuckle, call bullsh** as much as you want, both of you.

Also you can mention Third World Bajajs, hybrid scoot-motorcycle models or compare scooters with ABS versus motorcycles without ABS. (there are motorcycles with ABS too, you know), also as much as you want.

Unlike most people here who can barely keep their scooter upright, I have been driving daily through rain, snow and wind all my scooters and motorcycles, and scooters and motorcycles of my friends, so I guess I have a say here.

While you are there, study a bit angles of the steering and front wheel of an average naked or sports tourer and weight distribution in comparison to any scooter, wheelbase, tire quality, tire profile. While you are there, take a look at usual three way adjustable front and rear suspension of average sports or naked tourer and compare it to average scooter's "it is good that there is ANY suspension at all" suspension, brakes and tires. Take a look at material used for brake discs, heat dissipation pattern, brake pads and number of pistons.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, you will understand why with sports bike or naked tourer you will be able to stop or swerve and with scooter you will end up with parts down the road, as one member just said.

Also, account for the fact that 250 cc scoot weighs as much as 600 cc sports bike while all 500 cc scoots exceed the weight of all big bore 1300 cc naked tourers!
Mega scoots 700+ cc are usualy 60+ kg heavier than the heaviest big borers, further diminishing their performance in curves and braking distances.

Now I am expecting manic searching for scooter that has 2-way adjustable rear suspension or something like that, to prove that I am wrong. Or comparing 50 cc Chinese motorcycle with 800 cc top end scooter. Go ahead.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »
Maybe, JUST MAYBE, you will understand why with sports bike or naked tourer you will be able to stop or swerve and with scooter you will end up with parts down the road, as one member just said.

So motorbikes never crash through over enthusiastic braking.
Glad we've cleared that one up.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »
So motorbikes never crash through over enthusiastic braking.
Glad we've cleared that one up.

Not being able to understand written text or to view at things using an appropriate context is your personal problem, not mine.
Also, childish oversimplification and inherent inability to reach valid conclusions using available information or logic.

I think I've said enough and gave enough information for further reading.
Smear some sea foam on the tires, they will stick better...
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2012, 12:11:31 PM »
Take any 600 cc bike and try emergency stop or "deer avoiding" maneouvre versus any 500-600 scoot, at 50 mph, and let me know what happens...
YES. They are CRAP compared to motorcycles.

Thanks, something I was very unaware of, I figured quality came with higher end products from better companies. Not to say that the scoots I mention aren't better then say a smaller model but not when compared with a "real/true" motorcycle.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »
Not being able to understand written text or to view at things using an appropriate context is your personal problem, not mine.
Also, childish oversimplification and inherent inability to reach valid conclusions using available information or logic.

I think I've said enough and gave enough information for further reading.

To make such sweeping generalisations as you have is simply laughable.
You should really learn to take yourself less seriously.
Maybe then you would see when a joke is being shared with you.
Maybe you just don't like having your leg pulled?

Braking performance varies from one machine to the next and whether the thing stays upright or not is more to do with rider skill than anything, well apart from whether or not it is fitted with ABS.
NO rider can outperform ABS.
During a panic braking situation as described in this thread, any current modern scooter with ABS is far more likely to stay upright in the hands of an inexperienced rider than a super-duper spurtbike with the best non-ABS brakes money can buy.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
Don't pay axy any attention. He thinks hes superior to every one else.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:42:30 PM by old geezer »

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »

:D :D :D LMAO, Axy's got his mojo back i see.......... ;)
Chaos is my co-pilot.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
Don't pay axy any attention. He thinks hes superior to every one else.

Read this thread once again, "old geezer", count all facts I have outlined and count all bullsh** that cannot be proven from the other side.
Scooters have crappy suspension, crappy brakes, crappy touring tires, crappy steering geometry and consequentially, crappy handling and braking, compared to similar displacement bikes.

Period.

PERIOD.

And yes, very often, I am superior to most people, it depends on the situation, and here it seems it is not a difficult task.

Thanks for your patience.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »

:D :D :D LMAO, Axy's got his mojo back i see.......... ;)

Seems that it should go everywhere around here as an universal cure, why not on tires or bread instead of butter... :)
Might scare deers away too.  ;)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2012, 02:59:41 PM »
Don't break your arm patting your self on the back bucko. You are just another so called  internet expert. ::)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »
Don't break your arm patting your self on the back bucko. You are just another so called  internet expert. ::)

Unlike me, be a practical expert for us, slam the brakes on your scooter with excellent suspension and brakes at, let's say, measly 40 mph and let us know what happened.
I see that with all that experience, and excellent P250S, this will be no problem for you at all.
Of course, under dry conditions.
When they scrape you off the tarmac and you get back from the hospital with your shiny new cast and fixators, share your experience with us and tell us why did that happen.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »
When they scrape you off the tarmac and you get back from the hospital with your shiny new cast and fixators, share your experience with us and tell us why did that happen.

Was it the Seafoam?  ;D

Everyones always fcuking getting into petty, stupid arguements here lately over naff all, beginning to piss me off. Lighten up folks, please. Or stop taking the drugs, theyre not helping you. If you have stopped taking the drugs then get back on them quick!
Chaos is my co-pilot.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
I have an S 250 and have never had a problem with panic braking. Could be my 54 years of riding experience. Sorry your results may be different.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 06:49:08 PM »
I have an S 250 and have never had a problem with panic braking. Could be my 54 years of riding experience. Sorry your results may be different.

I hope for you that you will never realize what I am talking about because you might not be around to share your experience.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()