Author Topic: Trike Conversion or CanAm Spyder  (Read 12597 times)

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
Re: Trike Conversion or CanAm Spyder
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:09 PM »
No you can suck my balls you arrogant bastard. Now I'm done with your dumb ass.

2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »
I think you both need to stop posting in this thread! WTF, time to look at what your saying to one another and remember we have a comon interest here and that is the Kymco product.

I've not met anyone here that is not trying to help others, but we have to allow others their opinions and those considering those opinions the right to figure out who is more correct on their own.

You've both gone too far in my humble opinion and need to take this to a PM or simply stop. If you were face to face I'd doubt either of you would be saying some of what has come up in this thread.

I have an opinion as to who is wrong in this thread when it comes to being the bigger ass but I'll keep that to myself.

Enough allready  STOP!
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2012, 03:28:11 AM »
Yep, what 08' said!

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2012, 07:00:49 AM »
For German insurances, scooters are usually considered safer than motorcycles.
For an insurance there is no "should be" or "just sucks", only (historic) facts.
And they don't need to explain their data base (from statistical bureau) or draw conclusions for traffic safety (*), only the calculations made.
(*) Thats a matter i.e. for the "Institut für Zweiradsicherheit". Many publications online available. But I doubt, everyone would like to read their expertises.

<=125cc <=11kW <=80kph Kymco scooter for my (16 yr) daughter: 289.33€/year liability insurance.
<=125cc <=11kW <=80kph Kymco motorcycle for my (16 yr) daughter: 518.59€/year liability insurance.
You can calculate it yourself at huk24.de or any other online portal.
(And no, 80kph on a motorcycle is not faster than 80kph on a scooter.)

Perhaps we could agree on the possibility that motorcycles may be theoretically technical superior, but just their technical superiority overkill does the damage. ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:03:52 AM by ts1 »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31:44 AM »
For German insurances, scooters are usually considered safer than motorcycles.
For an insurance there is no "should be" or "just sucks", only (historic) facts.
And they don't need to explain their data base (from statistical bureau) or draw conclusions for traffic safety (*), only the calculations made.
(*) Thats a matter i.e. for the "Institut für Zweiradsicherheit". Many publications online available. But I doubt, everyone would like to read their expertises.

<=125cc <=11kW <=80kph Kymco scooter for my (16 yr) daughter: 289.33€/year liability insurance.
<=125cc <=11kW <=80kph Kymco motorcycle for my (16 yr) daughter: 518.59€/year liability insurance.
You can calculate it yourself at huk24.de or any other online portal.
(And no, 80kph on a motorcycle is not faster than 80kph on a scooter.)

Perhaps we could agree on the possibility that motorcycles may be theoretically technical superior, but just their technical superiority overkill does the damage. ;)

Well, in my country and many others, insurance does not depend on "subclass" of vehicle. 500 cc scoot is in the same insurance class as 500 cc motorcycle. (and, interestingly, 500 cc quad!!!)

I believe that it requires a deep knowledge of insurance and actuary mathematics to understand the way insurance amount is formed. It is not easy or straightforward.
It depends on statistics and probability of an accident and average damage paid out by the company, in a way that the company in the end does not lose money.
Most important factor is number of covered miles. Scooters are generally commuters and cover several times less miles than motorcycles, and at, generally, lower speed.

For sure, motorcycles generally are much more hazardous than scooters. However, statistics is not available that would compare equal displacement and power.
If one would analyze for example super scoots like 800-850 cc vs. 800-850 cc motorcycle, most likely some interesting results could be found. Or 500 vs 500.

Of course it is more difficult to get killed by own fault on 50 cc 4 stroke scoot that barely does 25 km/h uphill than on 1000 cc 200 hp sportsbike.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:34:45 AM by axy »
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »
Well, in my country and many others, insurance does not depend on "subclass" of vehicle.
Perhaps they just don't care - or don't share your credo of scooters beeing more dangerous.
But our locals care - i.e. ~22000 different cars are divided into 16 liability type classes - for (partial) own damage insurance even more complicated.
And you won't be surprised to know that our quad drivers usually pay higher premiums than a similar motorized bike. ;)
Of course it is more difficult to get killed by own fault on 50 cc 4 stroke scoot that barely does 25 km/h uphill than on 1000 cc 200 hp sportsbike.
Ack. But beeing killed by own fault doesn't bother the liablility insurance.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2012, 12:07:43 PM »
;)Ack. But beeing killed by own fault doesn't bother the liablility insurance.

Not exactly true. On the insurance policy for the obligatory yearly insurance, there is a portion of value dedicated to injury/death of the driver and/or passenger.
If you kill yourself, your heirs will get the money even if it is your own fault.

As you can see, insurance systems around the world differ.
Btw. I also said that quads are among the most dangerous vehicles on the road as far as I am concerned.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
Axy,

Maybe part of the problem is, Everything doesn't happen in your country. I think I'll hit up a motorcycle forum and ask if they think high end twist and goes are made with the same quality parts as a motorcycle.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2012, 02:14:40 PM »
I will stop here.

I saw this while catching up with the discussion and I thought to myself "I bet he can't".

Looks like I was right.

Axy, you're a total clown.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »
Axy,

Maybe part of the problem is, Everything doesn't happen in your country.

Person A says, "You are wrong!"
I say, "No, I am not, it is not the same in every country." (followed by many arguments, AND statement "As you can see, insurance systems around the world differ.")
Then finally arrives in rescue Mr. Obvious and tells ME that everything does not happen in MY country.

Wow.

What a revelation.

What an IMMENSE contribution, repeating what I already said, falsely claiming I did not.

Very wise.

gn2,

Are you perhaps afraid of clowns? Would you like to discuss your phobia? Knitting club for you too?
Are you easily agitated by Internet avatars?
Can we work on that?

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:54:28 PM by axy »
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »
Good times on the forum today I see.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
Good times on the forum today I see.

Business as usual.  ;)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »
Axy,

Is the man in your Avitar "INSANE"? Just wondering.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2012, 09:11:47 PM »
Axy,

Is the man in your Avitar "INSANE"? Just wondering.

Why are you asking? Do imaginary friends in your head feel lonely and need company?
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
Why are you asking? Do imaginary friends in your head feel lonely and need company?

I ask cause I wonder if the avitar is a reflection of how you see yourself. My signiture is a joke which I try my best to keep in mind when I post, "keep things like hearted and don't take yourself (me) too seriously" Perhaps others including yourself can learn something from it.

Doubt it in some cases.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()